How Do I Spend So Much Time On Cc Boards?

tuggers

That was a question that was asked of me on another thread.

I really don't think I spend THAT much time on here. I am retired (early) and since the Amazon trip I have a health condition that requires me to take fequent breaks during the day to rest. I have a laptop (wireless)

and will fire it up when I lay down. I do a lot of my posting from bed. I have always been an insomniac so I do that late at night. All in all, I am probably on about four times a day.

I do have a life. I work with an animal rescue, I read, I write, I am on several community and church boards and committees, I chair some charity boards, I help with an elderly friend, I shop, I volunteer, I take classes and I sometimes teach. I have a pretty full life for a retired, handicapped person. Don't know how I ever found the time for all that corporate mumbo jumbo before I retired.

Oh yeah, and I cruise!! Frequently!!

So how do you find time for the boards?

Gail, I find time to go on these boards about 4 times a day. I have always been a multi-tasker. I have a very busy life but I thrive on it. So checking in here is a time for me to rest and take time to learn a few things I did not know before. I love to read and reading here is so much fun. See you Saturday. Pat

That was a question that was asked of me on another thread.

I really don't think I spend THAT much time on here. I am retired (early) and since the Amazon trip I have a health condition that requires me to take fequent breaks during the day to rest. I have a laptop (wireless)

and will fire it up when I lay down. I do a lot of my posting from bed. I have always been an insomniac so I do that late at night. All in all, I am probably on about four times a day.

I do have a life. I work with an animal rescue, I read, I write, I am on several community and church boards and committees, I chair some charity boards, I help with an elderly friend, I shop, I volunteer, I take classes and I sometimes teach. I have a pretty full life for a retired, handicapped person. Don't know how I ever found the time for all that corporate mumbo jumbo before I retired.

Oh yeah, and I cruise!! Frequently!!

So how do you find time for the boards?

Being retired certainly does help. I also have wireless and a laptop so can work almost anywhere. I am building a new house and am on the computer a lot trying to research everyting I can that will be going into the house. Also, makes it a lot easier as many of you know I got very lucky in Vegas in June....

I would say I am here about 4X a day. I check the boards before I start working, in fact I am working now.:eek: Lunch time and at night after I settle down, watch a little tv with my laptop, check the boards and repeat the process the next day.:D

My puter is next to the TV, so I get on the boards a lot when I'm also watching a show.

Of course, back when I was working for the government, I had a lot more time to play on the puter:D

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

:p It looks like we have a couple of things in common: I am into animal rescue as well and have had to go part time because of a health condition. I do try to help those who can't help themselves whenever I can and I CRUISE......without apology!!

I am retired from my previous job teaching at a university. Work part-time mostly using computer and have notification of posts of my favorite threads...just a few minutes is all I need to read and/or respond when the spirit moves me. AND I've learned so much and, hopefully, helped a few people. These boards are part of my cruising life!

m steve, so there you go. More than you ever wanted to know about how I spend so much time on the boards. Also threw in how others do it. I think it is interesting so thanks for asking!

Multi tasking is also my middle name! I can very seldom do one thing at a time. The mind is just always running through other things. Glad I'm not alone in that!

So I am not alone in the multi tasking department. I also pop in every free minute I have at work, more often as a cruise gets closer and closer, like today. :):) And let's not forget, in the morning at home before getting to work and before going to bed. I've learned so much just by reading all these boards.

Archived