Tampa to the Miami Port?

star10

I think I finally found doable air but it goes into Tampa. How far of a drive? Is it within an hour?

No it isnt an hour.. how much you saving to do the drive?

Im gonna lean more to 3 hours.

Fort lauderdale (FLL) is more closer to the port of Miami.

Star: SInce the cruise is in February are you planning to arrive the day before??

Last year the snow storm closed the airport the morning of the cruise.

We are flying out on the 17th and coming back the 25. I was by far cheaper for me to buy one way tickets then a round trip- also coming home costs me 15.00 more to fly first class then it cost for coach so we jumped on that flight.

Check one way costs.. (and go into FLL) and then check first class seats.

If you can stay over til Monday after the cruise== wow the flights do come down considerbly.

You wont find anything at all for under 300pp for those weeks.

I hate to be the one to break it to you but.............we did this drive last year, my brother lives in Tampa and we cruised out of Miami. Its close to a 5 hour drive. Depending on Traffic. Worth it though ;)

Just FYI. Have a great cruise

Thank you !!! I think we are on the same cruise! The Liberty?

I will give one ways a try. A day before or after will not work with my husband's work schedule.

Tampa is out of the question then.

We are sailing the Caribbean Princess out of FLL on the 18th.

My SO works on Saturday also so we are booked on the 8:30pm flight out on Saturday-- I always book the last flight out on Saturday because of his schedule.

what time does the DH get done work??

Last year thank god we took that flight out because SUnday morning there was a storm and the airport was closed til early afternoon. We would have never made the cruise.

Newark airport costs about the same-- maybe 10 buck difference. To me not worth the travel time.

crusinpsychRN: To fix spelling or add another thought --on each of your post will be an edit button. You have 20 minutes to edit each post once you hit submit. After 20 minutes the button goes away.

Same Liberty cruise for me too!

We are flying into Orlando (MCO) a couple of days early for Universal Studios and driving to Miami via rental car the night before the cruise. That drive is under 4 hours via the Turnpike and not too much traffic until you reach Ft. Lauderdale.

We fly out of Miami at noon after the cruise.

Open jaw airfare from RIC (Richmond VA) to MCO (Orlando), MIA to RIC was $250 ea.

Beats a 14 hour drive home from Miami to Richmond.

Lou

Archived