WHat night for Palos?

cjtwer

My DH and I will be traveling w/ our 4 kids (ages 3 - 14) on the 7 day Eastern Carib in December. We have only been on RCCL and this whole rotating dining room schedule has got me a little confused. First off, we won't know our dining room schedule until we check-in, right? Next depending on that schedule which would be the best night for DH and I to book Palos and send the kids to their club for dinner.

Finally, I have heard something about a "Tea" what is that and do you need reservations?

TIA,
Jamie

The best night is really a matter of person opinion and which restaurant you want to miss. I have the menus for eac restaurant on my website, and also photos and details of high tea. Hopefully that will help you; decided which one to skip, and you will know your dining rotation when you check in so you will know before you go to Palo to make the ressie.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: [url]www.castawayclub.com[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
When we sailed there was no extra cost for high tea, and there was also no way to leave a tip--I brought cash and left that on the table. ($10 I think)

You make the reservation the same way you do for Palo--there are very few slots available for it, and it fills quickly.

Also, as an FYI, children are not allowed to tea just in case you were wondering.

Anne

• 2 weeks later...
Our plan for the upcoming cruise is the same as on our last DCL cruise - we will wait to see our dining rotation. We will go with something other than a formal night and not a night that we are scheduled for Lumiere's or the first night that we are scheduled for Animator's Palate - - we liked Lumiere's best, and the AP show is worth catching, but it runs only on the first night.

• 2 months later...
I get that you factor in which location you want to substitute out (ie. the importance of not missing AP for the first show). But are there also themes to particular nights that influence when you want (or don't want) to do Palo? In particular, I'm thinking of the 7-night.

There's formal nights - with issues of whether you don't want to miss a formal night or whether you want to minimize the number of nights you dress up. Are there other themes cued to certain days that would counsel against Palo on that night? If so, how/when do you learn what/when they are?

Archived