Obstructed views on Radiance, 7th floor?

I've read a couple of reviews from people who had balcony rooms on the 7th floor on Radiance who said that they can't see directly down into the water (because of some type of obstruction). Is this only from certain cabins? I'll be in cabin 7074 which is midship on the port side. I'm hoping that there is no obstruction of course.

Can and former Radiance pax shed light on this? Thanks very much...sailing in 9 days.

Just back from the Radiance, it is the entire port and starboard sides on deck 7. Also we were on deck at and the awning on top of the lifeboats was in our way too. You can not look straight down into the water, you have to look outwards to see the water. When you look down you see the metal awning the whole length of the ship.

I've read a couple of reviews from people who had balcony rooms on the 7th floor on Radiance who said that they can't see directly down into the water (because of some type of obstruction). Is this only from certain cabins? I'll be in cabin 7074 which is midship on the port side. I'm hoping that there is no obstruction of course.

Can and former Radiance pax shed light on this? Thanks very much...sailing in 9 days.

As you can see from the above photo, there is a 15 ft+? lifeboat cover directly below you. IOW, if you jumped off your balcony, you'd land safely onto it! Also your balconies are smaller than other balconies due to the clearance the lifeboats require. For these reasons, the E3 stateroom you booked was less expensive than say the E1 or D1 staterooms on the same deck.

Thanks guys, at least I'll know what to expect. I'll try to make the best of it, but I really wish my TA would have enlightened me on this. I booked 6-9 months ago, it would have been easy to avoid this awning view. Next time I'll research this fully before booking.

Hey, it can only be so bad...its still a cruise!;)

I believe it was only recently that RCI listed balcony cabins on the 7th floor as having an "obstructed" view. We've been on the Brilliance 3 times, the Serenede once and the Jewel once -- knowing about the awning thing, we always booked one of the cabins DIRECTLY on the center of the hump... that way no matter which deck we were on, we always had a view of the water! You'll be fine, though -- you're cruising!! :)

Don't worry-- you won't even notice this so called "obstruction!" It's not even listed on the deck plans! When you stand at the rail of your balcony, your eyes will go directly to the ocean--"What obstruction?" you will say! The only thing--some of the balconys don't have the "privacy wall" all the way to the rail. There is about a foot or two of space where you can see your neighbor.

But really--the ocean is HUGE--you won't miss a thing!!!!!!

Thanks guys, at least I'll know what to expect. I'll try to make the best of it, but I really wish my TA would have enlightened me on this. I booked 6-9 months ago, it would have been easy to avoid this awning view. Next time I'll research this fully before booking.

Hey, it can only be so bad...its still a cruise!;)

Don't beat yourself up too much--it's really not that big a deal! You've got a great balcony on a high deck and there are even a few advantages:

1. If you drop something valuable, or if someone fell overboard, from these balconies, the lifeboat awning below will catch it/them!

2. If you are a non-smoker, you don't have to deal with rising, drifting smoke from smokers directly below you. We had this problem from on our deck 8 balcony with the deck 7 smokers below!

3. You saved some money to spend on excursions, souvenirs, etc.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the follow ups guys, I do appreciate your insight .

Your comments reaffirm my belief that most of the people that post and reply on CC are very knowledgeable and kind. I'll have a drink and a cigar (in the designated area) next week on Radiance in your honor. :cool:

Cabin 7108 on the Jewel, is that a bad cabin? Seems like a read that the oversized balcony is nice, but it's right next door to the panoramic elevator. Anyone hear any noise from the elevator. TIA!

We had 7094 on the Radiance. Though the cabin looks like it is right next to the elevators there is actually space in between and we had no noise from the elevators. You will hear noise from the Centrum, usually whoever is the entertainment. But, they stop at midnight so unless you go to bed early it shouldn't bother you.

I'll have a drink and a cigar (in the designated area) next week on Radiance in your honor. :cool:

Thy had the best bartender in the cigar bar when we were on board. His name was Seyed, though he was planning on moving to the Freedom.

Archived