Anyone received Aeroplan points for their Cruise with RCCL?

TiggyBear

I just heard from Aeroplan this week; they left a message on my machine. The only info missing from my letter was the booking date. I contacted my TA for that info, waded through the worst voice mail hell I have ever encountered, and eventually spoke to a REAL person. They put my info in the comments section of my account. Hopefully, it will be added in now!

Oh, and I got Aeroplan cards for each of my kids once my TA told me that RCI had joined Aeroplan. Unfortunately, the miles now have to be used within 7 years - that might be hard for kids to build up 25,000 points to fly to the US.

I recommend that you save your cruise tickets until you know that your points have been credited to you. We had just thrown everything away except our Seapass cards.

• 4 weeks later...

TiggyBear have you checked back to when you originally booked the cruise? We sailed in September but I noticed when I checked Aeroplan online in early October that the points were in under January when we had originally booked.

Oh, and I got Aeroplan cards for each of my kids once my TA told me that RCI had joined Aeroplan. Unfortunately, the miles now have to be used within 7 years - that might be hard for kids to build up 25,000 points to fly to the US.

Aeroplan points are also good for Futureshop goodies if you think they may not have enough for a flight.

That's what I did when there were talks about Air Canada going down. I ws afraid I would loose the points so, I used most of them (120k) to by Sony equipment. It was a very cheap Christmas that year....

Hi RickT,

Were you successful in getting the aeroplan miles? My wife and I were on the Serenade in Oct. 06 So far still no aeroplan miles.

I've been verbally told that the points will be added to my account. This was told to me by the aeroplan agent that RCCL eventually talked to. This was a week or two before Christmas and so far nothing has shown up on my Aeroplan account. I'll give it a couple more weeks before I send a fax to Aeroplan to follow up on this (drives me nuts that you can't call or e-mail anyone at Aeroplan, best you can do is fax them a note).

While on this topic, this whole Aeroplan points thing with RCCL seems to be poorly designed. For my March cruise there is no way to confirm on their web site that my account is registered, when I called RCCL I got the "your booking is through an agent so we can't tell you anything" speech.

I'll keep an eye on this post and let you know when (if?) my points ever get credited.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Hi J&G

Nothing I am afraid. Did you book your cruise through a TA in Canada? We have always booked ours through RCCL directly. ( but have always ensure that our aeroplan numbers were entered into the system at the time of our reservation)

We have been through Aeroplan and RCCL. ( mailing them boarding docs etc) Nobody seemed to be able to help. We have had 4 cruises since RCCL joined the Aeroplan program, and 0 aeroplan points received. Just wondering what's the missing link?

Are there anyone in a similar situation, but managed to get their aeroplan points reinstated? If so advice appreciated.

Thanks

Tiggybear

lol... I will have to get a wife then... my husband would like that! lol

thanks for the info!

Linda

My Mom use to say that she wished she had a "wife" :D usually while she was doing laundry, or cooking, or ......

You may be able to convince your hubby, if you go about it the right way

I thought they had the aeroplan thing all fixed. I will sure fight for my miles after the cruise. They sure don't seem to want to make it easy do they?:confused:

I (like most Canadians I surmise) was not aware of Royal Caribbean being an Aeroplan partner.

I have jotted down the contact info, and will try on Monday to see about getting the points.

I don't know how successful I'll be as the Aeroplan is in my name, and my DW booked the cruise through a time share exchange with RCI (not to be confused with Royal Caribbean).

I booked my first cruise with RCI back in June for this coming March and didn't realize we could register our aeroplan # with RcI. I just made final payment this past Monday. I did everything thru RCI directly. Is it to late to call them to add our areoplan numbers? thanks

Cottagemama:confused:

Many thanks for the reminder about Aeroplan points. I had forgotten about it. I called RCL (1-888-437-1889) and had my aeroplan number added for my upcoming cruises.

I also checked my past aeroplan statements and found they only credited me 2,200 points for my Brilliance April cruise (instead of 2,600) and 800 points for my Jewel Sept cruise (instead of 2,400).

Nothing had been credited for my Voyager or Majesty cruises in November so I have written to Aeroplan.

The RCL rep did mention that they had had difficulty with Aeroplan.

andrew

I had forgotten about adding our aeroplan # to our Majesty cruise last September.

When I originally read this thread back in October I photocopied our seapass cards and sent the copy along with our number to areoplan in Vancouver. I finally heard from someone by phone about two weeks ago. (Just before Christmas) She wanted more "proof" that we had cruised. I told her she had the best proof I could provide.

After she hummed and hawwed some, she realized our folio # was on the Seapass card and said that should be "sufficient". She said she would call me back if there were any more questions and if not, (and I assume by this time there were no more questions) I would see the miles credit to my account sometime in January. So far, they arn't there.

I'm cruising again next Saturday. I will be calling RCCL this week to be sure our aeroplan #'s are applied to our account.

Hi J&G

Nothing I am afraid. Did you book your cruise through a TA in Canada? We have always booked ours through RCCL directly. ( but have always ensure that our aeroplan numbers were entered into the system at the time of our reservation)

We have been through Aeroplan and RCCL. ( mailing them boarding docs etc) Nobody seemed to be able to help. We have had 4 cruises since RCCL joined the Aeroplan program, and 0 aeroplan points received. Just wondering what's the missing link?

The one we've done & had the points hit our Aeroplan accounts was Celebrity & it was booked via the website. 5 weeks Monday we sail on Brilliance so we'll have a better idea how the RCCL side of the company works with aeroplan miles.

We originally thought our Celebrity ones had not been applied but after checking our statements closely & going back we discovered that they show up as being applied when we originally booked - although they weren't put there till about 2-3 weeks after our cruise finished. Sorry we can't help more.

I've followed the discussion on this thread with interest. Although I haven't sailed Royal Caribbean yet, I have sailed Celebrity several times. Both are partners with Aeroplan, so what goes on with one should be the same with the other.

I have had the same frustrations over the past several months that some of you had. I believe, according to what I have been able to find out, that the points are being added to our accounts, but they are difficult to see. As most of you do, I book my cruises a long time before sailing. And since Aeroplan became partmer with RCCL (which includes Celebrity), I have given my number to obtain points.

After my September cruise on the Galaxy, I began watching my Aeroplan account to see if I have been credited with my points. It was an 11-day cruise and being within the window offered of double points, that would be 4400 points each for my wife and I. After several weeks of wondering if I was going to receive the points, I started scanning my Aeroplan account on the web site. I discovered that the 4400 points had been credited for December 2005, the time the booking had been made. In addition to booking the Galaxy cruise, I had also booked a Hawaiian cruise for December 2006. And that booking was also within the window for double points.

After this cruise, I again began to check on my Aeroplan account to see if I was being credited for it. As before I couldn't see anything on my account. However, I noted that the total points in my account in early January 2007 was different than the total for December 2006 by 5600 points. However, there was no item with that number. I called Aeroplan several times, and no one could explain this. One factor messing things up is the fact that we cannot see more than 12 months of our account on the Aeroplan web site.

I called Aeroplan again this morning and talked to a very nice lady. At one point she said it appeared that the 5600 points was a mistake and if she checked further I may lose those points. I kept on digging and ask her to look carefully at the last couple of months of 2005. She did and found 2200 twice (for my Galaxy cruise) and 2800 twice (for my Summit cruise). This explained the increase in total points which occurred from early December to the end of December.

The problem is that, because the points are back dated and if the booking is more that one year prior to the cruise, people cannot see a posting of the credit in the monthly statement. The lady did say that in my next statement, I should be able to see those points. However, I doubt it very much. The bottom line is that we got our Aeroplan points. :D

Good luck to everyone in obtaining the appropriate credit on your Aeroplan account. :)

Gerry

Okay, just got off the phone with RCL Customer Service, and they assured me that everything is setup for me for this coming cruise.

All she wanted was my Booking number.

What I found interesting however, was that she told me the points will not be applied until a couple of months AFTER sail date.

And she couldn't tell me if I get points for my DW or just for myself.

Then when I asked if this was all setup now for all future cruises, she said "no" and that I would have to call EACH TIME I book a cruise to get the points added on. (This last part is a bit weird, I think).

...so I've got my fingers crossed I get them...:cool:

I bought my up coming cruise on AOS in June /06 and didn't know we could use aeroplan. I just made final payment last week and we sail in March. Is it too late to call RCI and have them attach my aeroplan numbers. I booked directly through RCI. thanks

I bought my up coming cruise on AOS in June /06 and didn't know we could use aeroplan. I just made final payment last week and we sail in March. Is it too late to call RCI and have them attach my aeroplan numbers. I booked directly through RCI. thanks

I would think you only need to add your Aeroplan number to your reservation. Call RCI and ask them to add your number to the booking. That's what I would do.

Gerry

What I found interesting however, was that she told me the points will not be applied until a couple of months AFTER sail date.

And she couldn't tell me if I get points for my DW or just for myself.

You should be able to have you DW added to the booking as long as she has an Aeroplan number. We both received the points. :)

Then when I asked if this was all setup now for all future cruises, she said "no" and that I would have to call EACH TIME I book a cruise to get the points added on. (This last part is a bit weird, I think).

...so I've got my fingers crossed I get them...:cool:

I'm quite sure you will have to have your Aeroplan number added every time you book a cruise. But that's only a small inconvenience. ;) They will probably not keep it on file.

Gerry

Will call tomorrow. Where in NB do you live. We're across the Bay of Fundy outside Yarmouth. Aren't these boards nice-lots of info.

cottage mama

We live in Fredericton. You must have a cottage to have a user name such as cottagemama :p . We are across the Strait of Northumberland from PEI with our cottage. :D

Gerry

Just wondering, but when did this partnership start?

Would our Alaska 2003 RCI cruise be eligible for points?

It says on their website that miles earned from RCI are applicable on new bookings made os of November 1st, 2005.

Hi - this is my first post, but I have been following many threads with interest, especially this one regarding Aeoplan. In December I mailed invoice copies for two cruises, one to Alaska in September 2006 and one to Bermuda in October 2006 to Aeroplan centre. And today, both accounts, DH and mine were credited 4,800 points each. It would seem we received double points, as each cruise was 7 days.

Crusebuddy

Crusebuddy:

It's best NOT to call and ask why!!;)

Okay, so as I understand you both have Aeroplan memberships, correct? and both were credited?

Wwwweellllllllll,,,,,,,,,

In that case I think I will get the DW registered with Aeroplan and see if we have the same "luck" :D

Archived