Best Cabin on Carnival Triumph?

newlife

We are considering a cruise on the Triumph on 5/27/07 and was wondering what are the best rooms?

Please let us know the best

interior deck/room

oceanview deck/room

balcony deck/room

We are not motion-sensitive but we are looking for the best view, convenience and best price!

We were on the Mariner last month and they have extended aft blaconies for the same price as regular blaconies. Just wondering if this ship has the same?

Thanks to all!

Best cabins on the ship for the price are 2445 and 2444. They are on main Deck, listed as cat. 1A inside, but they are actually outside cabins with two picture windows. Some have posted that they have single upper and lower beds, others say two lowers convertible to a queen. Aft balconies are much larger and go for the same price as other balconies on the same deck. Biggest balconies are the aft corners, cat 9A with wrap arounds.

Best cabins on the ship for the price are 2445 and 2444. They are on main Deck, listed as cat. 1A inside, but they are actually outside cabins with two picture windows. Some have posted that they have single upper and lower beds, others say two lowers convertible to a queen. Aft balconies are much larger and go for the same price as other balconies on the same deck. Biggest balconies are the aft corners, cat 9A with wrap arounds.

I travel alone so always book a 1A. On my cruise in 2005, I stayed in 2444 and last month it was 2445. Fantastic cabins with big picture windows and lots of room . . . at least for one. For two . . . I'd book a balcony (will be staying in my first balcony cabin in January when my son takes me on a cruise for my birthday) . . . :p

My favorite is on Panorama deck 10, cabin 1066 or the corresponding one on the starboard side. It's the highest balcony there is and the closest to the deck where you have the breakfast buffet and coffee, etc... Also close to the elevators but not so close there's noise. Very convenient if you like sunning, eating, or using the elevator.

The aft cabins on the Triumph are the same price as the one on the side--dpending on what deck. Each deck is the same cat letter and all cabins will cost the same except suites and 9as.

the balconies on the back are bigger then the sides. Check out balconies on a 9A wrap around balcony. (which are located on the corners of the back)

• 1 month later...
I travel alone so always book a 1A. On my cruise in 2005, I stayed in 2444 and last month it was 2445. Fantastic cabins with big picture windows and lots of room . . . at least for one. For two . . . I'd book a balcony (will be staying in my first balcony cabin in January when my son takes me on a cruise for my birthday) . . .

Ladycaveat - I am considerting cabin 2445 on the Triumph - not sure if I am going solo or taking someone with me - can you please confirm the bed configuration of this cabin? I have seen pics of 2462 and 2465 (Valor/Liberty) which show the two beds pushed together - are there 2 beds in 2445 and can they be twins or together?

Any info greatly appreciated!

thanks,

froufie

We were on the Triumph last September & had cabin 6432 on the upper deck. We loved it. It's the most inexpensive balcony room, but because it's configured around a stairwell it's "L" shaped & has a bigger balcony. We also loved that it is the last room port side aft, which made it very quiet - along with the stairwell acting as a buffer. My dream room would be a 9A wrap, but this was an awesome balcony room for the price.

Ladycaveat - I am considerting cabin 2445 on the Triumph - not sure if I am going solo or taking someone with me - can you please confirm the bed configuration of this cabin? I have seen pics of 2462 and 2465 (Valor/Liberty) which show the two beds pushed together - are there 2 beds in 2445 and can they be twins or together?

Any info greatly appreciated!

thanks,

froufie

The cabin is large . . . the entire side of the cabin consists of two large picture windows . . . not portholes. There was only one twin bed when I was in the cabin. I was told that there was a another bed that could be lowered out of the ceiling . . . thus forming a type of a bunk bed. They never lowered that bed so I really can't tell you what it was like. There was also a sofa which may or may not have been opened as a bed (don't know because since I was traveling alone . . . never checked to see if it was a sofa bed). All I can tell you is that for someone traveling alone . . . 2445 gave me more room than any other cabin I have ever been in. Just as a guess . . . I would say that it would also be perfect for two.

• 10 months later...
We were on the Triumph last September & had cabin 6432 on the upper deck. We loved it. It's the most inexpensive balcony room, but because it's configured around a stairwell it's "L" shaped & has a bigger balcony. We also loved that it is the last room port side aft, which made it very quiet - along with the stairwell acting as a buffer. My dream room would be a 9A wrap, but this was an awesome balcony room for the price.

Good to hear as we have cabin 6432 booked for our next cruise........ :) Last cruise we were on the Spa Deck.....

I've got 2445 booked for the November 17 sailing. I know what the location and layout is. What are the noise and motion levels like?

depends on the sailing / weather/ waters etc/.

some weeks there will be nothing- other weeks the vibration is simply horrible- teeth shattering etc for the whole entire week.

some weeks the vibration can be felt only when coming and going from ports.

each week is differewnt-- so one can not compare his/her week to the weekof another.

Please take photos of the cabin and send them here PLEASE

We were in 2386 and REALLY enjoyed the location. Just a few steps from the stairs and elevators that take you up to dining room/cigar bar, end of Promenade, lido buffet/food offerings and pool. VERY convenient. We ended up in a similiar location booking 6B GTY on Valor, loved the location so much that we paid extra to get the same place on Triumph.

Serene:

I am totally shocked...You have not sailed in this room before. I thought the "Carnival Cruise Queen" had the 411 on every room.

Well dear poster, Ladycaveat: I sailed with Froufie on the Triumph # 2445. As Frouf mentioned. it has two Very Large Picture windows. One single bed on the floor and one pull down from the ceiling. The layout of the cabin was a little Odd. There was a long narow hallway that led to the interior, the couch was comfy and had the table in front for snacks/junk/breakfast.

3 floor to ceiling cabinets for clothes. and drawers in the vanity. The TV took up some valuable reqal estate on the vanity but was at an excelent viewing angle from the bed. *I hate loking at myself in the miror watching TV after a rough day @ cruising. Cabin Attendant. Best One I have had in all 12 cruises, Renato from Philipines. Noise not too much problem except when porting for leaving port.

I have a few photos to share next post.

Ray

We had an aft cabin on Triumph. We liked having a huge balcony, but we didn't like our neighbors pot smoking smelling up our cabin and balcony.

This was our first balcony cabin with a door instead of a slider onto the balcony. I definetely prefer a slider. It was a pain going in and out of the door.

The aft cabins are layered in tiers that extend out beyond the deck above each level. That means people above you can watch you sunbathe on your balcony unless you are sitting in the shade under the deck above.

I definetely recommend anything other than an aft cabin on this ship.

We are considering a cruise on the Triumph on 5/27/07 and was wondering what are the best rooms?

Please let us know the best

interior deck/room

oceanview deck/room

balcony deck/room

We are not motion-sensitive but we are looking for the best view, convenience and best price!

We were on the Mariner last month and they have extended aft blaconies for the same price as regular blaconies. Just wondering if this ship has the same?

Thanks to all!

Don't even consider a cruise on the Triumph for that date. YOU ALREADY MISSED THE BOAT!!!! :p

Serene:I am totally shocked...You have not sailed in this room before. I thought the "Carnival Cruise Queen" had the 411 on every room. .Ray

I did have that cabin booked on the Liberty but since a few people came back with the vibration noise (and we were sharing our cabin with a baby) we decided to pay the 80 bucks and upgrade to a balcony.

This cabin changes categories on the new Splendor which will now be a 6B. I think Carnival got wise to us.

I did have that cabin booked on the Liberty but since a few people came back with the vibration noise (and we were sharing our cabin with a baby) we decided to pay the 80 bucks and upgrade to a balcony.

This cabin changes categories on the new Splendor which will now be a 6B. I think Carnival got wise to us.

I had 2462 on the Liberty (2 twins pushed together) and most recently 2445 on the Triumph. I would say the noise/rattling on the LIberty was way worse than what I encountered on the Triumph (and I think the seas were more rolling on this trip). Anytime we went over 20 knots on the Liberty I would have lots of noise of rattling in the ceiling/walls of the cabin - which was very annoying when trying to sleep!

The Triumph has a bit of noise, but not as bad, and both cabins were noisy when docking/anchoring. Weird water rushing sound in wall when docked off of Half Moon Cay - but this disappeared once we got moving at 4 pm.

Still I loved the cabins - nothing beats those 2 oceanview windows at a 1A price - and yes I think Carnival finally figured it out and I presume every ship after the Splendour will list this as an oceanview cabin!

Froufie

P.S. ....the baby would probably have not only slept thru the vibrations but probably enjoyed them as well!;)

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I missed it, but I've been looking for info on 2444 and 2445 on Victory. Seems like someone's been in those "special" 1A cabins on all the other ships, and I've seen some of the photos, but I'm not finding really definitive info on Victory.

Are they upper/lower on Victory or lower & sofa? Anyone got any pics?

Motion/noise/vibration issues?

Thanks!

Maybe I missed it, but I've been looking for info on 2444 and 2445 on Victory. Seems like someone's been in those "special" 1A cabins on all the other ships, and I've seen some of the photos, but I'm not finding really definitive info on Victory.

Are they upper/lower on Victory or lower & sofa? Anyone got any pics?

Motion/noise/vibration issues?

Thanks!

Did a search and found this on another board - posted on August 20, 2007:

I stayed in cabin 2444 on the Victory 3 weeks ago. It has a twin bed, a sofa which I dont think is a bed and it did have a compartment on the ceiling which looked like it would open into a bunk bed. Very spacious without 2 beds and of course it has the 2 windows. I have no photos. Cabin 2445 is the same. I talked to the gentleman who stayed there.

Hope this helps!

Froufie:)

My favorite is on Panorama deck 10, cabin 1066 or the corresponding one on the starboard side. It's the highest balcony there is and the closest to the deck where you have the breakfast buffet and coffee, etc... Also close to the elevators but not so close there's noise. Very convenient if you like sunning, eating, or using the elevator.

I agree...We had 1056 this year and by far this is our favorite spot. We got the upgrade during a sale they had and I keep hoping for another sale like that so I can get up there for next year. Right now it is only the 2 cat upgrade. Love the panorama deck. Especially love the lady on the elevator saying it....Deck 10 Panorama...........Ahhhh

Archived