It's Here: Diamond Princess Group to Alaska - June 4, 2005

Host Caroline

Okay, it's a day late and from the posts I've been reading, a "dollar long" :rolleyes: but I wanted to give you guys some more details on the group to Alaska. The rates for July were really sky high! So we opted to go earlier in the season. The Diamond Princess is a new ship and sailings from Seattle are more popular than ever but I’ve checked around and all the rates are higher for 2005. If you have a “Diamond” in your future and it’s headed north to Alaska, I hope you will join us on Saturday, June 4, 2005 for the “Diamond Rush” as we sail from Seattle to the 49th state for a week of stunning scenery, fun and exploration in style and comfort aboard Princess Cruises’ new Diamond Princess!

New this year, the Diamond Princess features Princess’ “Personal Choice” dining in multiple venues – with a special Alaska dinner menu – so there’s no need to plan shore time around meal time – and 24-hour dining in the buffet/bistro and through room service. The children’s center has a Junior Ranger and Teen Explorer program that’s uniquely Alaskan. On board activities to help you plan and get the most out of your week of exploration include on board naturalists, a special program by the US Forest Service in Ketchikan and a visit from Iditarod champion Libby Riddles in Juneau. Like to go for a swim? It’s never too cool in Alaska for a dip in the covered conservatory swimming pool! But wait! How about a tour of the ship or a even a week aboard as she cruises the Inside Passage right now? You can go both through the magic of the Internet at: http://www.princess.com/ships/di/index.html

{{{{enticing picture break}}}}

Postcard.jpg

Our roundtrip itinerary from Seattle, Washington features extra long port calls in Juneau and Skagway and mid-day cruising in Tracy Arm fjord:

1 Seattle, Washington depart 4:00 PM

2 At Sea

3 Juneau, Alaska 11:00 AM to 10:00

4 Skagway, Alaska 5:00 AM to 8:45

5 Tracy Arm Scenic Cruising (Sawyer Glaciers) 11:00 AM to 3:00

6 Ketchikan, Alaska , 6:00 AM to 12:30

7 Victoria, British Columbia 7:00 PM to 11:59

8 Seattle, Washington arrive 7:00 AM

Have you cruised with Princess before? Depending on your Captains Club status, you may be eligible for priority embarkation, free internet access and a variety of other “perks.”

Rates for your Alaskan Diamond Rush adventure are based on double occupancy and include all port charges and taxes (which would range from approx. $180-220 if set out separately). Check rates, booking information, contacts, and group perks out at: http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=59

***And remember, if Princess lowers their group prices before final payment, our rates will be adjusted accordingly!

Have you cruised with Princess before? Depending on your Captains Club status, you may be eligible for priority embarkation, free internet access and a variety of other “perks.”

I'm also working with a tour operator friend to offer a group of excursions at a set price, asort of a "pick & choose" that will be totally optional AND on hotel rates for our group in Seattle for two nights prior to the cruise for anyone who would like to come in early and enjoy this wonderful city! More details will follow.

Alaska's magnificent glaciers and Inside Passage ports of call await you. Dogsled on a glacier, kayak, flightsee over the glacial icefields and of course there's all that incredible scenery just gliding by! Tempting, isn't it?:p

hooray I'm booked...:p anyone else going.....:) this is my first Alaska, first Princess cruise,, bet it will be GREAT....:D

It will be "the" best.. You are in for such a treat! :p We go to Alaska often and NEVER never never get to do everything we'd like to ... hiking in Skagway, whale watching, rafting, helicopter landings... there is so much.. and you can just sit on deck when you get back to the ship and take in all that ever changing scenery... Do you realize we will get back just two weeks before the Summer Solstice? So nightfall we come very late with unbelievably beautiful twilights...

NiniB: Can you email me your "real" name and where you are from and cabin category for the list???? to carocruiser@aol.com. Hope your folks can join us!!!!

This ship SOLD OUT this year ex. for a very few cabins!! If you want to pick your cabin (which you can do with this group).... call Kevin or Chris at Crucon .. June is very popular month to cruise Alaska!

• 3 weeks later...

I will be working on that hopefully ths week.. have had some personal things come up that will keep me out of commission for a few days. I got some suggestions from a friend in Seattle but if you have any, please feel free to post or email me (carocruiser@aol.com).. Have not planned anything post-cruise since most early on indicated preference for "pre-cruise" with ship departing and returning on Saturday. The hotel for pre-cruise may give same rate for post-cruise though????

• 4 weeks later...

Now that the current Alaska season is nearly over and all of the cruise lines have their rates out, Please check out our CC Group Cruise for June 4, 2005 on the Diamond Princess! Rates later in the season are sky high and all rates are high from Seattle esp. on Princess and HAL! If you need any info please feel free to email me at carocruiser@aol.com... and check out the links below the banner for more information... We will be cruising beautiful Tracy Arm:

wpeA1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After doing lots of looking and checking and investigating...

I believes we will do well to have our precruise hotel package at the Red Lion... the hotel is well situated according to locals, the price is right (129-154) and they offer parking, breakfast etc! Check out our group thread (follow the link below) for more information!

Ships will be getting booked for Alaska as it gets later into the fall!

It's time to join the DIAMOND RUSH!!!!! :D :D

• 3 weeks later...
Can I get some info on this group cruise? THANKS!!!!!

I was unable to send you an email from your profile.. Most of the information (basic) is above on this thread and also on our group page.. the link to that is right underneat the "banner" in my signature. We have a long port calls in Juneau and Skagway on this itinerary and in early June, long long days and gorgeous sunsets thaht last forever! IMHO a great time to cruise Alaska!

I see you were on the AOS on 9/12.. we just got back from an extended cruise on the Mariner courtesy of Hurr. Jeanne. My first cruise on a Voyager-class ship.. quite a vessel!

I hope you will join us on the Diamond Rush and please feel free to email me at carocruiser@aol.com with any questions or for any more info.. The link below has booking information and rates!

• 1 month later...

Caroline,

Oh good, now I won't have to be concerned. I am just so excited about this Alaska trip...first time and I don't want to miss a thing. When we cruise, I am the one that does all the of planning for hotels, shore excursions, private tours, etc. so please forgive me for bugging you as it is hard for me let go of the reins. I promise I will bring you lots of chocolate to make up for my 'bugging'.

Debbie

Hi Caroline, I cannot get thru to Crucon (Kevin) Been calling and calling and "all circuits are busy" Do you have another contact #? Are you planning any CC shore excursions? We are two adults and 2 young teens and are going to book if I could get through to the contact! Susan PS this trip sounds GREAT!

Same here when I try to call. I think our party of 11 is ready to book! Glad to hear there are a couple other young teens as we have 5 kiddos going (don't worry-VERY well behaved and I'm sure will spend all the time in the Kid's programs:D ) I wish I would have done it when there was only a 100 deposit:eek: .

Same here when I try to call. I think our party of 11 is ready to book! Glad to hear there are a couple other young teens as we have 5 kiddos going (don't worry-VERY well behaved and I'm sure will spend all the time in the Kid's programs:D ) I wish I would have done it when there was only a 100 deposit:eek: .
Guys I JUST go through to Crucon... and yes, Kevin is out today but you can certainly leave a voice mail.. try again at 800 493-6609. If you visit our "group board" http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228 you will see information about a pre-cruise hotel package in Seattle for June 2-4 for those that are interested AND one shore excursion (whale watching with Orca Enterprises aka Capt. Larry) in Juneau that's pretty well set... There are a lot of activities that will appeal to teens on this itinerary and loongg port calls in Skagway and Juneau. When you get booked with Kevin head on over to the group page and post your interests for shore tours (the Princess Cruises site is a good place to get ideas) and we can certianly look into a few more.. some that teens enjoy are the hiking (which you can do on your own actually), cycling etc.

I wonder what the problem is with the phone?? From NC it's working.. Don't usually check from here on the boards but let me know if there are still problems tomorrow...

An Early WELCOME :):):)

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in this group our shore tours are filling up and we'd hate for you to miss out.. we are going whale watching with Capt Larry in Juneau and kayaking with Southeast in Ketchikan... got some great group rates on these... We'd love to have you join us!

• 1 month later...

Host Caroline

I have been wanting to go but with 600.00 airfare don't think I can handle it.(I have to pay for both tickets and airfare for both of us (me and my sis) so unless I can get 300.00 airfare I guess I will have to wait till next year.

Is there any help you can give me so that maybe we can go with your group?

Karen

you can e-mail me @ Babyblue07031960@aol.com

I don't have my air tickets yet.. waiting for Southwest but from Texas I'd just suggest checking daily with major airlines and alternative airports also.. if you can drive an extra couple hours (like we do) and save a bunch, IMHO only it's worth it! Also try going to air carrier sites.. go to airport site and see who flies from there and then check every airline into SEA.. you'd be surprised sometimes what you find... good luck :)

I haven't got mine either-like Caroline waiting on Southwest to extend their flight schedule. Are you talking for both tickets combined because I found them for around 270 each out of Austin (only an hour from you??) I'm not sure the chances of them being 150/each-

Archived