Would you chose Cabin 6136 or Sky Suite?

JennJohnNYC

We are currently booked on the Constellation in Concierge class cabin 6136, which has the great big balcony, but we can upgrade to a sky suite for $250 more. The one concern I have with 6136 is the connecting door between the cabins. Any thoughts on which cabin might be better?

Can't answer your basic question, but have a comment on the connecting door. In September we were in Royal Suite 6138 with a connecting door to 6136 on Infinity. We did not hear any noise from 6136 during a 10 night cruise, and we know that the cabin was occupied because we exchanged pleasantries and names with the couple next door.

We also were a little worried about this, but there was nothing to worry about as far as noise.

Your room is a great choice; however, if I could upgrade to Sky Suite I think I would for the price you were quoted. I have only traveled in CC class and never had a suite due to price and the butler never really appealed to me. I would like to see what I have been missing (per other's comments) and would be willing to go for it at $250.

Just a thought ...

I was booked earlier this year in 6135 on Infinity and I know a couple that was booked in the same cabin on Constellation during the summer. Both of us were offered free upgrades to a SS on two separate cruises (and not empty ones either).

My take on this is that there often is someone who wants to book the adjoining RS that also wants the connecting door feature for their travel companions/family. X looks at the options ... wants to keep a RS booker happy and offers to move out the current pesky residents by upgrading them to a SS ...

Personally, I accepted their offer, and moved a few doors down the hall to SS 6125 with a somewhat larger than normal balcony but considerably more interior space and a nicer bathroom.

So who knows ... even if you don't take their $250 offer ... they may move you anyway for $0. Don't hold your breath, but I think the chances of a free upgrade are greater in that particular cabin than many of the others. If you want it for sure though, then you'll have to pay now.

Incidently ... they didn't actually tell either of us that they were upgrading us, I just checked my reservation about three weeks before sailing to see that my cabin number had been changed. Since I had booked 6135 well in advance and was looking forward to staying there, I was really annoyed that I had been shifted, until I saw where they had shifted me to.

The other couple complained about their upgrade and got placed back into 6135 again. They preferred the larger balcony, and the placement between all the RSs.

Both of us were happy with our choices, So ... I doubt if you would be disappointed either way.

Chuck, I think you are correct in your assumption that someone in the RS wanted the adjoining cabin. However, I wouldn't suggest holding out for the free upgrade to the SS. We had cabin 6135 booked (15 months in advance, that's how badly I wanted that particular cabin). Five days before sailing, I was notified by my TA that Celebrity said my cabin has sustained a "small fire" and was uninhabitable, therefore they were moving us to another Concierge Class cabin (same category, but different deck). In my opinion, this was a downgrade. I now had the same category cabin, with a small balcony, in an undesirable location. Try as he might, the best my TA could get Celebrity to do was give us a $50 SBC. But my TA said he smelled a rat. He told me that when I boarded, to go check out cabin 6135 and see if it did, indeed, have a fire. Well, we did and no fire was apparent. In fact, the room was completely made up waiting for their guests. The cabin steward even greeted us by name. I went to the Purser's Desk and got no help there. They simply told me the cabin was "off our manifest" for this sailing. I later found out that a celebrity (Kate Jackson) was on our sailing, and I believe that may have been why we were bumped. She had the RS and probably wanted our cabin which adjoined it.

As it turned out, we loved Celebrity so much (it was our first time cruising with Celebrity) that we forgot all about how upset we were at losing our dream cabin!

Archived