Must try drinks on board ship?

MOONMOUNTAIN

Rum Runner is my favorite. It's a frozen drink like a daquiri. It has a dash of grenadine, rum, of course, a splash of orange juice, blackberry brandy, banana cream, a splash of pineapple, and then you float a bit of dark rum. I can't wait 'til Feb. gets here and I get another while in a lounge chair:D We have learned to make them here at home, at mmmhmmmmmm, brings back some great memories:D

I just stick with whatever the special of the day is. That way I figure I'm getting my daily allowance of fruits!! (and the rum is OK, too!!)
It never dawned on me that there could be a "healthy" side to all those fruity drinks. I like the way you think Habby! ;)

After reading on these boards I made a list of drinks to try. Kiss on the Lips was the 2nd one on the list. After I tried it I didn't want any of the others. This one was sooooo good and now I'm craving one. I did try a melonball and it was pretty good but nothing like a Kiss on the Lips.

I like those but also try a MudSlide, with Kaluha, Dark Cream de Coco, Vodka or Rum and Bailyies(SP) blend and it is like a 5 Dollar milk shake.

RUF

Ahhh, yes, the Mudslide. Fond memories of that classic. We had a little bar just outside of the town I was going to college at that would have $10 pitchers - yes, I said PITCHERS of mudslides made with real handdipped ice cream on Thursday night. 60 oz. of creamy dreamy drunken goodness! I think I ODed on them, haven't thought of them much since, graduated college in '93.

Thanks for the memories ~ from what I can remember! ;)

My favorite drink onboard is a Captain Morgan Black & Coke, with a twist of lime. (Captain Morgan Black can only be had in the Caribbean... it's a more traditional distilling of sugar cane rum and is DELICIOUS!). Wife's fave is a Carmel Apple Martini... couldn't tell you what's in it, but it tastes just like a carmel apple!
Can you buy a bottle of Captain Morgan Black on the ship? My dad is a Captain man, and would love this!

I love the melonballs. Also like any of the drinks with Kahlua, Baileys and cream in them. RCI has one called Royal Delight which is out of this world. I have never had a Miami Vice, tho I see them all over the ship. I always wondered: do you mix the 2 drinks together or try to sip each seperately. One cruise on the last day they had those "yard glasses" and everyone was drinking MV's out of them. I am going to have to try a Kiss on the Lips when we go on Spirit in January. Never heard of it.

I am so excited that they have Rum Runners!!! I just started drinking them here and was hoping they would have them on the ship. So, it just might be my favorite drink. I have to say, with everyone pushing those Kiss on the Lips, I will be trying that one too!!! Thanks everyone for all your favorites that are now becoming everyones favorite!!!

I love the melonballs. Also like any of the drinks with Kahlua, Baileys and cream in them. RCI has one called Royal Delight which is out of this world. I have never had a Miami Vice, tho I see them all over the ship. I always wondered: do you mix the 2 drinks together or try to sip each seperately. One cruise on the last day they had those "yard glasses" and everyone was drinking MV's out of them. I am going to have to try a Kiss on the Lips when we go on Spirit in January. Never heard of it.

No, you don't mix them... you drink from the bottom and they will mix together as you drink them :D They will scold you if you mix them together :D

• 4 weeks later...

Ok Miami Vice is on my mind!!!:D Second is Kiss on the Lips??:rolleyes: Not sure about the Kiss on the lips?? Is it really good. I don't like sweet drinks...Any others that are wet on your lips that taste good?? I only have a couple days left!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!! I think when I booked our cruise, I was 289 somethin something away....now It is like 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 days till be drive to Spokane.

I vote for Miami Vice. That's what I drank everyday last week on Glory! When we boarded, after we ate lunch, I had a Fun Ship which was pretty good, but I like frozen drinks so Miami Vice was next! I had people all week ask me what it was when the waiter delivered it. I actually am not a big rum drinker, but the Miami Vice has so much flavor.

A restuarant hear serves that violet martini but it is called the Purple Haze there. A few of those and you do see a purple haze. lol. This is stirred though and is purple. Making them at home is a trick. You need just a little bit of the blue curacao.

Archived