Train, Boat, Bus Tour on Brilliance

schoolman

We are going on the Brilliance in November and stopping at Puerto Limon. I have not decided on the excursion to take and wondered if anyone has gone on this one with the Cruiseline or if one of the private tours would be better. I understand that the Canal tour is one of the best but this included a little more, but is it worth the difference in cost? Would appreciate any feedback.

We are going on the Brilliance in November and stopping at Puerto Limon. I have not decided on the excursion to take and wondered if anyone has gone on this one with the Cruiseline or if one of the private tours would be better. I understand that the Canal tour is one of the best but this included a little more, but is it worth the difference in cost? Would appreciate any feedback.

Back in the spring I did what seems to be the same tour with another cruise line. I enjoyed myself ! We did a boat down a canal where we saw wildlife, took the "green train" which by the way is blue and saw wildlife there also, and finished up at a Dole Banana plantation. Cool stuff...

We were on the Brilliance in April and took the Hacienda tour, ship sponsored. It was so much better than anticipated and we had a wonderful time there - the trip was nice, the scenery beautiful and the experience was excellent - the family has an awesome working plantation and are self-sufficient - we had macadamias, coffee, a wonderful candy made w/sugar cane and an unbelievable lunch. I have recommended it to others:)

Schoolman, are you cruising on Nov 20, 2006??? If so, come on over to the roll call section and join in on the meet and mingle.

We are wanting to do white water rafting in Costa Rica but need 5 people for a private tour, we only have 3 right now so may look at the ships tour.

Archived