Antigua Excursions that are real VALUES?

Cinderellie

Hello -- my family of 4 is sailing on the port-intensive (5 ports) Serenade of the Seas in March/first week in April. I am LOVING all these excursions every speaks about, and I have been happily jotting down my favorites. Problem is -- I want to do ALL of THEM! But with 4 people, we are going to probably splurge on one, and do other VALUE excursions. Great fun, but not a ton of money. Under $50 per person, let's say.

What would you all recommend as good VALUE excursions or beach/site visits in this port that would appeal to TEENS?

Also -- these teens are athletic, and bore easily, (so no yada yada yada historical tours -- they like more "experiential",) and they are traveling with couch potato parents who are not exactly into hiking any rainforests, (but love beaches/water/boat events if you know what I mean!

Thanks for your advice!

We're on the Serenade in February and have booked a Stingray tour for Antigua, then off to either shops or a beach for the rest of the day. I'd imagine swimming with stingrays would appeal to teens!

We've booked it through Antiqua Guy who gives advice on this site. You can email him direct on: antiguanutshell@gmail.com

I hope this helps!

Have you checked out the posts on Pineapple Beach? I'm thinking of doing that in May.

Or I got information for Nov. to go to Miller's by the Sea and we're horsback riding for $30.00 pp per hour. No web site but I got his number from Antigua guy and called him. Then hanging out by the giant water slide. The teens might enjoy that and it's a fairly reasonable day. I think I read it's about 10-15 dollars per cab load not person. Please someone confirm that or correct me.

We've swum with the stingrays in both GC and Antigua. It's fun, but not athletic and not particularly active. There's not a lot of "swimming" involved, but it's enjoyable. Eli Fuller's tours, both the Eco-tour and the Xtreme, are more expensive than you specified, but are great values for what they give you, and the teens would LOVE them. The Eco-tour is the less expensive of the two, includes snorkeling, climbing, hiking, and a great lunch. Plus, the kids will pick up interesting information on Antigua that isn't forced down their throats - they'll like the crew - they're great guys, and give info in a fun way. This is one excursion it's worth it to splurge on. We've done the Serenade itinerary 5 times, with a 6th coming up in January, and we have always made it a point to spend the day on one of Eli's tours ever since we discovered him - it's always the highlight of out trip. Eli's website is http://www.adventureantigua.com.

Jodi

The kids would love doing the jeep safari it is a bit wild but lots of fun there is evn the option of kayaking and snorkelling. Also by the time you get here there will be a new canopy excursion that the whole family would enjoy and of course there is always the catamarans. and the Seafaris which is a speed boat which takes ur breadth away.

try: tours@treasureislandcruises.ag

Archived