Favorite entree on the Serenade?

I know this sounds mundane, but the pork chop was fabulous! It tasted like pork chops USED to taste, not like the cardboard stuff you get now days. It had, I believe, a cranberry sauce on it, too.

We always ask the waiter what he recommends, and go with that. They KNOW what the best thing is each night.

Also, there sure wasn't anything bad to eat on that cruise!

The sugar-free Coconut Vanilla Layer Cake was excellent - could have eaten it every night. Unfortunately, there were no other favourites as we felt that the food was terrible on the Serenade. The NY strip that another poster referred to tasted like liver and was of very poor quality. The lamb shank was the worst I have ever eaten. I must admit that we don't eat seafood so we never had any. The only thing for us that was "passable" was the prime rib the first night, although it was very cold. We found that all the entrees were cold or at best, lukewarm. We also spoke about the food with other passsengers and quite a few were of the same opinion. Others said that they liked the food. To each their own. I am a gourmet cook and my dh & I are very into "fine dining" so we are very fussy. Other people may not eat out as much as we do or frequent a different type of restaurant and have a different opinion. I found the salad bar in the Windjammer to be of excellent quality. I found the food on the Navigator to be exactly the same as the Serenade. We had excellent food on the Radiance and the Coral Princess was fantastic - we find it varies from ship to ship. Hope you have better fare than we did.

Favorite dish from the lunch menu in the main dining room was the "Nicoise Salad", a nice salad made with fresh tomatoes, crisp green beans, boiled potatoes, tuna, hard-cooked eggs, anchovies and olives, drizzled with lemon and extra virgin olive oil, simple but delicious.

Favorite dish at Chops was the "Seared Diver Scalops and Chorizo Sausage" served with parsnip puree and petite salad.

Favorite dish at Portofino was the "Risotto Ai Gamberetti", huge tiger shrimps sauteed with fresh herbs, served on a bed of creamy saffron risotto.

Favorite dessert in the main dining room was "Cherries Jubile", vanilla ice cream topped with warm red cherries, served in a Kirsch-spiked sauce; not the greatest presentation, but very tasty.

No entrees in the main dining room really stood out for me. I recall the "Roasted Duck" served with black currant sauce, red cabbage and croquette potatoes was good.

The rubbery lobster was as disappointing as the rubbery "Escargots Bourguignonne". I generally found the food in the main dining room passable; however, it was great at Chops and Portofino.

LADiver - No, it wasn't liver - it was a NY strip. We had the same thing on the Navigator and were told that it was Argentinian beef. Others commented that it tasted like liver also. Friends of my parents were on Carnival and had the same thing. Didn't really appreciate your slam - but it is to be expected on these boards. The OP was asking for opinions - I gave mine. I have had wonderful food as I mentioned on other ships - unfortunately, it was not wonderful on this particular ship. Cruiseship food used to be pretty well 5 star - it has declined considerably in recent years and most cruises - you are lucky to get 3 star. Didn't want the OP to have high hopes and be disappointed. She/he might love the food, but we did not. Everyone has different tastes and opinions - that is what makes the world go round:)

I haven't had this on Serenade (yet) but on the two or three previous cruises and it is one of my new favorite things: Fettuccini with wild mushrooms and some kind of truffle sauce....I asked for a small side dish one night when they had another of my favorite entrees and it was the yummiest thing ever--much better than what I had ordered for the main entree.

Archived