boarding pass and upgrades

liv4dalord

You probably would have been informed of an upgrade by now, and since they let you print a boarding pass, you're set in the cabin according to the cruise line. But, you can always go for an upsell at the check in desk. An upsell means you can go to another cabin category cabin, usually paying the difference between the price of your cabin and the cost of the new one.

cruising on the Dawn 11-20-06 and have been assigned a inside room d211 Because I already printed my boarding pass does that mean if there was an upgrade to be had they would pass me over

Ā 

dont know if they would even know whether or not you printed the boarding pass--------------you could get an upgrade when you check in at the pier and then you would just get a new one from the person checking you in

This is the Dawn Princess? Rather than the Norwegian Dawn? If so, Princess does not upsell at check-in as some lines do. And simply printing out your boarding pass should not preclude you from being assigned an upgrade, either. If upgrades are available, Princess randomly assigns them among passengers unless you have specified "No Upgrade" on your booking. This could happen as late as check in at the pier, but most often occurs shortly after final payment due dates.

Ā 

That said, this particular cruise is waitlisted in all categories, which means that there are more folks wanting to take this cruise than they have room for AND that they don't have to run any pricing specials in order to sell out the last few cabins (A sale like that usually results in a few upgrades in order to open up some of the lower priced cabins for the sale). In your case, I suspect that your assigned cabin is what you will most likely stay with.

Archived