Judge Dismisses George Smith Suit

MrPete

I think the parents and sister suffered a great loss. Other than that, I think they, especially the mother and sister have become the most obnoxious people I had seen on TV. I can't believe the sister is an attorney. She is unbelievable. I hope that they lose on their appeal.

I would have felt differently had the parents and sister felt George had some responsibility, but no way. The bride got a good payout, she's off on a new life and the family is still trying to collect. Oh well, another day.

If the family has a beef...or expects a payday for George's death, they need to be looking to the grieving widow...

LL

Excellent point. RCCL won round 1, and I think that they will continue to win. Another year of this and we should be able to bring our liquor back aboard!!:D :D LOL:D

Rick

Excellent point. RCCL won round 1, and I think that they will continue to win. Another year of this and we should be able to bring our liquor back aboard!!:D :D LOL:D

Rick

Unfortunately, I think the other people who have drank themselves to oblivion and caused harm to themselves have sealed this policy for the existing future. It began with George Smith and then was excerbated by the high profile incidents that have occurred since.

Amen to this round...

I think the Smith family is just plain psycho...they need to move on with their lives. Sometimes as a parent, its hard for us to admit our kids could do wrong in their lives. I think its time this family faced up to reality about George and his beloved new bride of once.

I'm hoping the judge is just as smart on the appeal...

hip hip hooray for Royal Carribean...

Esmerelda

Now I'd like to see all those so called news shows give RCCL as much airtime as they gave the Smiths.

:rolleyes: Yea right.....dream on.....The news is too correct and sensible...no milleage in this for our media sharks....

Would serve them right to be '' asked'' by the court to present a proper '' coverage'' of the current facts....ah well....keep dreaming.

Cheers

Claude G

;)

Round one to RCI. Glad to see that the judge dismissed the case but as mentioned it will be filed again.

Actually this si round 2

The widow made an out of court settlement with Royal Caribbean. The amount is of course sealed but people in the legal field said it was a very low amount. The belief is that she did not want to give a deposition as she has a lot to hide.

Actually this si round 2

The widow made an out of court settlement with Royal Caribbean. The amount is of course sealed but people in the legal field said it was a very low amount. The belief is that she did not want to give a deposition as she has a lot to hide.

I wish there was a way to find out what she's about. I don't know a lot of the details of this case, but I'm nosey.

I think I saw this on 60 minutes or 20/20 one time. Is this the couple where they said she was with one of the employees of the ship & they thought her H was beat up & thrown overboard? I remember that a detective was in the cabin next door to them & he was interviewed. Not sure if I'm mixing up stories though

was a charitable donation in her name paid by RCCL. Nothing for her wallet. She has moved to Boston & rumor has it will get a new name, etc. Family had til anniversary date 7/1 to file their suit & failed, so bye bye Smiths! This was covered by Greta months ago.

Actually this si round 2

Archived