Family Oceanview Room

Has anybody stayed on a voyager class ship in the Family Oceanview stateroom? I am deciding if this is a good option and would like to see photos if anyone has some of this room Opinions are great to. My wife and I have 3 kids and we are considering this option as it is the least expensive to have all of us in one cabin. Adjoing rooms is a possibility, but I don't want to have two inside cabins, which is the only way to get adjoining cabins in our price range. Thank!

What's wrong with a balcony for you, and an inside, right across the hall for the kids? They will be closer across the hall on the ship than they would be in their own rooms at home! Advantages would be 2 baths, and privacy. Disadvantages, perhaps price???? It's a vacation! Go for it!

we did the the family cabin 2x...voyager and the serenade. Our kids were all under 14 and it was great! The rooms are very spacious, two bunks with a curtain for privacy, pull out and a queen bed. We really loved it...the only down side is ONE bathroom!

Thanks for the response. For those of you who are in the same boat as us (pun intended), getting an inside room and a balcony room vs a family stateroom is about the same price - but you get two bathrooms! I think we may go the two room option and either have one of us sleep with the younger kids or use a baby monitor for the room.

We were in a family oceanview on the Mariner last October and booked in another family oceanview on the Freedom for next October. If you click on the link in my signature you can see some pictures. At the time our kids were 10, 6, 4 and 4 and this room was perfect for us!! Plenty of room and the two older kids loved having their own little private area.

Archived