EOS Cabin questions!!

Buddy L

OK. Booked our cruise through Virgin UK. I have now acquired a cabin number from RCI via Virgin. We are on the Explorer, the first week in November.

My cabin is #6636 ~ Deck 6

My questions are:

1/ Somewhere on this forum, or perhaps a different one, I have read, if you have paid for a guaranteed Balcony room, and booked early enough, you may automatically be upgraded without doing anything yourself. Anybody had experience of this? or, if I would like to upgrade, when should I contact RCI?

2/ Looking on the RCI website our cabin looks to be in a pretty good position, (Middle-ish, just behind the `hump`close to the stairs and elevators but far enough away to avoid the noise) Anyone stayed in this area? Is it a good position? comments good or bad would be appreciated!!

3/ If we ask for an upgrade, are we told the new room number?, then at least if its not in as good a position at least we can stay where we are.

4/ I've also read the balconies on deck 6 are steel rather than glass. Does this mean we get to see nothing but sky and seagulls for 7 days? (As opposed to sea and more sea!!!) How obtrusive are they when sat down?

This is probably our only reason to think about moving or upgrading.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

It is very rare that a person is upgraded if they have a cabin assignment. How does it work that you are a guarantee but know your cabin numbe already?

Keep an eye on pricing on the web by using your agent or Royals web page for your sailing. If it comes down before final payment then you want a refund. After final payment look into an upgrade.

I wanted to fill in the online documentation forms but couldn't without a reservation no.

I explained this to Virgin and they e-mailed me the RCI res no. they had been given. Once I filled in the forms on RCI's website it came up with a cabin number.

It's a bit tricky to keep an eye on the price of the cruise as I have booked 8 days at Atlantis for the second week so I have an all in one price package.

I have noticed if I put my dates, and the ship, into any internet travel firms, there is no availability so it must be booked up. Looking slimmer every day to get an upgrade.:)

Archived