ID question

stacieps

I'm sailing on the Glory 12/9 with my mother and grandmother. My grandmother turned 79 yesterday and her driver's license expired on her birthday; she hasn't driven in a couple of years so chose not to renew it. Can she use an expired driver's license with her birth certificate for ID or will we need to get her a new photo ID? I checked Carnival's site and it says you can use an expired passport but didn't say whether the photo ID had to be current if using a birth certificate.

Thanks.

The expired license might be good for Carnival but U.S. customs and immigration an expired license is not considered a valid forum of I.D. Now does this mean that your grandmother won't be allowed back in? More than likely she would be but do you really want to take the chance. If you have time I would advise going and getting a state issued I.D. To be on the safe side

If she has a raised sealed birth certificate, she should be fine but I agree with others she should get a state ID card especially since she doesn't drive anymore. Most places you can walk in, they take your picture, pay the $$ and walk out with it. Have her take her expired license with her to expedite the process as well.

If she has a raised sealed birth certificate, she should be fine .

Just an FYI - The b/c doesn't have to have a raised seal. Many states are now issuing b/c on state watermark paper - no raised seals.:)

Archived