Help with St Lucia excursions

espmass

Several members recommended the catamaran excursion while in St Lucia on my Connie cruise 12/8. When I first looked at the excursions, I could swear there was a 4 hour catamaran trip, although maybe I imagined it. Now I only see a 7 hour catamaran excursion. There is a shorter boat trip but it's the Coastal Cruise and doesn't mention whether or not it's a catamaran. I really don't want to commit to a 7 hour trip. Is there a shorter catamaran trip somewhere that those members were recommending? Has anyone taken the Coastal Cruise? Thanks.

I can't give you any recommandation about catamaran trips, but if you want the most spectacular sight of St Lucia, you most definitely must do a helicoptertour - if possible. That's the only way to see how beautiful the island is. Breathtaking views!

i don't know about a catamaran excursion. We did the tour of the island (another 7-8 hour excursion) and we loved it. It is absolutely beautiful.... but extremely poor.... as most of the islands around the caribbean.:(

I don't remember the name of the excursion we took but it was about 4 hours. We went out on a catamaran, did a bit of snorkelling, went to Soufriere to the volcano, had lunch, and went back. You should be able to find one shorter than 7 hours.

Maybe it is just a temporary computer glitch? A general search for St. Lucia excursions on celebrity.com brought up the four hour catamaran trip to the Pitons I think you're referring to. http://www.celebritycruises.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=0000AwjuZR2J9n3Ey_luh0XwYAn:1051tg3ld;jsessionid=0000iDTCzTJ4-RcT-F-VuU38opE:1051tg5ge?ProductCode=SL26ht Hope you can do this trip. We did it in 2005 and had a lot of fun.

Nan

Nand- That's where I had looked. The only 4 hour cruise is the Coastal Cruise to the Pitons and that doesn't specify that it's a catamaran. However, that's probably the one we'll end up booking. I just could have sworn there was a 4 hour catamaran listed originally. We always enjoy the catamaran cruises as opposed to be stuffed onto a crowded sightseeing boat of some sort.

We also did the 4 hour tour to the Pitons. It was a catamaran and we had a great time, they stop and let you take pictures of the Pitons and then bring the cat into a cove to swim for a while. They serve delicious rum punch and play great island music.

We will be returning to St. Lucia March 2007 on our Constellation Cruise. We've been to Anse Le Raye, Canaries and Soufriere. Also saw the Pitons. We enjoyed that side of St. Lucia very much. We had a great time there and saw a lot of different things. As they say, "a lot of Kodack Moments". We were wondering if there is anything on the other side of the Island worth seeing?

Archived