Looking for Miami motels

Ziggys

Hi everybody,

My husband and I just booked a cruise on Navigator OTS :) for January 20th, 2007. We are arriving the night before and I am looking for a motel near the port of Miami or near the airport. I don't want to spend to much (around 100$/nt CAD) since we won't be there long. (Arriving at 11h00pm: leaving around 10am)

Appreciate all the help you can provide!!!!!

Check the Holiday Inn just across the street from Bayside Market. It's a neat place to get a bite to eat or just stroll around, but what is really neat is that if you have a room on one of the higher floors, you see all the ships in port when you open your curtains in the morning. It's only a short cab ride from the port. It's not a high end hotel, but good enough to lay your head down and very convenient.

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bayside Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

I have stayed there and just stayed there again in September. It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested.;)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...iabb?irs=null&

If you join their Priority Club, you save a discount on the room right away.

Bayside marketplace.

www.baysidemarketplace.com__________________

We just booked the "Starlite Motel" on South Beach for $89.00/night. When we looked into the Holiday Inn it was priced at about $169.00 a night. We are flying in as well the day before. the Starlite is one of the old "Retro" motels on the south end of South beach, right near where the ships come in. It is officially about 6 miles from Port, but it's right on the beach and right in the action....and only $89.00. It won't be glamorous, we know, but it should be fun! We will have to take a cab either way in the morning, and it will be fun waking up and looking out over the beach. Cannot wait!

Mrsfuzzmo

Hey Ziggys - we are staying in a small hotel in South Beach, too. But we get in about 5:30 so have some time to walk around a little. Why don't you go over to the roll call page and join us - so far only four couples have joined in the conversation - surely more than that are going!!!

Some in our roll call group are also staying at the Holiday Inn. I think that would be a good choice, from what they have said.

I just paid $219.72, ($108 per night) for two nights from September 14 - 16. That included all taxes and hotel fees by joining the Priority Club. I booked it directly over the internet on the site I posted in my earlier answer. ;)

Hi everybody,

My husband and I just booked a cruise on Navigator OTS :) for January 20th, 2007. We are arriving the night before and I am looking for a motel near the port of Miami or near the airport. I don't want to spend to much (around 100$/nt CAD) since we won't be there long. (Arriving at 11h00pm: leaving around 10am)

I just have a suggestion where NOT to stay. It's called the Sleep Inn and I think there is a Comfort Inn across the road. The Comfort Inn looked okay from the inside (we had to go eat there b/c there is not a restaurant at the Sleep Inn) but the Sleep Inn...NASTY! First they put us in a smoking room with a double bed at the front of the hotel when we booked a non-smoking room with 2 double beds and a view of the golf course (it's actually a view of the parking lot and way beyond it a golf course lol).

The bathrooms had mold and were quite disgusting. Plz do not stay there!

BTW just a heads up about Miami. In our hotel they told us that these ppl come into the hotel and put flyers under the doors in the rooms for eat out places. DO NOT CALL THESE PPL.

The receptionist told us after they don't know how they get the flyers in the room (dear God!) and that they are very unreliable - after we ordered!! Anyways, so the guy who was supposed to bring us this food was 2 hours late and they let him come to our room and bang on the door! I was very scared (just me and another girl in the room) but answered the door and I said "Sorry it's too late. We don't want it - you're too late" and he kept pressing us about "I give you deal. You eat, I give you deal on it".

Miami is a scary place.

Hi everybody,

You will be hard pressed to find a hotel for under 100 bucks in Miami near the port for January 2007. Near the airport may be cheaper. I have only looked for my hotel in Downtown Miami and South Beach. There is a college bowl game the beginning of Jan and the Super Bowl is beginning of Feb. I will be glad if I find something with decent reviews for under 200 bucks.

Marinda

Try posting on the East Coast Departures Thread which is where hotel requests and info is kept for this area.

I suspect the moderators will eventually move this thread there if you come back and can not find it.

We stayed at the Best Western on about 44th and Collins Ave this past January. Now yes this hotel is aways from the port, BUT it is right on the beach and in a nice little area were you can easily find resturants right in the neighboring hotels, plus there is a resturant in the Best Western that served all meals. The lobby area of this hotel is old retro and we thought it was just beautiful.

The rooms were clean, quiet and the beds very comfortable. Very nice pool area with a boardwalk area across the back of the hotels on the beach side.

There is a Walgreens a couple of blocks away for soda, water and anything else you have forgotten.

We could see the port from the hotel and all the ships on Sat/Sun. We did not rent a car, took a cab from the airport, you can easily get a cab or hop on the bus to get down to So. Beach. We were able to arrange transportation from the hotel to the port at the hotel.

We would easily stay at this hotel again. Paid $125 each night. We booked about 6 mo ahead of time and watched the price, it went down nearly $20 about 2 weeks before we left by paying in advance for the rooms.

Bev

Hi everybody,

Ziggy we are also on the same sailing. It is 2 weeks before the superbowl and the hotel rooms are getting scarce. We booked the Holiday Inn a number of months ago and the price had just jumped to $150 If they still have rooms (haven't checked recently) it will be a little higher then that. The last time I checked I believe it was running $170 - $175.

If you haven't looked at the roll call for our sailing you can find it here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=373987

A good site for saving $$ is easyclicktraveldotcom. They have good rooms at a great price and although you pay upfront, you can cancel for a full refund unless otherwise stated. I've used them several times instead of Priceline when I have to have two beds in the room. It's always worked out very well for us.

Jenn

A good site for saving $$ is easyclicktraveldotcom. They have good rooms at a great price and although you pay upfront, you can cancel for a full refund unless otherwise stated. I've used them several times instead of Priceline when I have to have two beds in the room. It's always worked out very well for us.

Jenn

I just booked the Intercontinental in Miami for Jan 5 before our Nav cruise thru EasyClick - total with tax was $206, with normal rooms starting at $349 on any other website!! I was originally going to try for a good rate thru Priceline, but wanted to guarantee a 4* close to the port, so decided to splurge. PLUS, its refundable up until 3 days before. Now we are counting the minutes!

• 2 weeks later...

We just switched our 2/24 Navigator to 2/10 which is going to allow us to spend an extra 3 days to kick around in Miami, which we've never done. We are staying at the Intercontinental. I really want to see some of the area without the hassle of renting a car. What kind of transportation is there downtown to get to South Beach and around the city etc? How about day trips to the Everglades etc? Can anyone who is familiar give me some info?

Thanks!

Jenn

Archived