Zenith Question

charlielinda

Wow, that was a great question Charlielinda. I forgot about that. All of Celebrities other ships use the seapass for the door. I guess Zenith being the oldest ship in the fleet may be the reason.

Rollie

We locked ourselves out of our room when we first boarded, not knowing that the seapass card didn't serve both functions. Had to go down to the Lobby to get a key card. (we went to the room prior to the 1:00pm announcement to leave our carryons, and the room appeared ready)

Other "key" things to know about Zenith:

1. The internet connection is HORRIBLE, so make sure your friends and family know you will not be able to stay in touch as you have on other cruises.

2. The chairs in the library next to the window are the most comfortable on land or sea. I defy anyone to sit there and read and not fall sound asleep. Heaven.

3. The "pool grill" for burgers and dogs, etc. is not near the pool, but aft.

4. The restaurant is on one-level, rather than two or three. A much more intimate dining experience.

5. Michael's Club, the former cigar bar, is NON smoking.

6. The hot tubs are not near the main pool area, but aft, and are generally used as a second pool location.

7. There is no specialty restaurant.

I loved Zenith!

Oh no -- now I have to keep track of my key and my sea pass card. I've always had enough trouble keeping track of just the card.

Get thee to the first available trivia contest with DJ Daine and win yourself a fantastic prize - a Celebrity lanyard! What was Frank Sinatra's full name - a real toughie.

Good luck, Jim

Cinnamon,

Haven't seen your name anywhere on the boards to send you a "Bon Voyage" until now. We'll be sailing on her in December so let us know about your cruise. (I've worn the t-shirt I got from you on three cruises now, it's becoming almost a trademark).

Jim

A few more tidbits about Zenith:

1. Mid ship elevators only go to deck 10 so skip them when going to the pool or Windsurf Restaurant.

2. A nice quiet area and ping pong tables aft on deck 9 with stairs that will take you right up to deck 11 and the hamburger and hotdog grill and outdoor seating area.

3. Take a travel type coffee mug as the coffee cups very small. There is a drink station right inside pool area for early morning coffee, tea and then ice cream in the afternoon.

4. Shows did not seem to fill up too quickly so need to arrive all that early.

5. Try the casual restaurant for a nice relaxing change from the dining room and you will be pleasantly surprised.

6. Inside your closet, on top of the safe is a folded blue Celebrity tote bag which is great for the pool or carrying the ships beach towels off the ship into port. (This was our first Celebrity cruise and I saw people with them but never noticed one in our closet until I asked if I could buy one in the gift shop and was told a complimentary bag in each cabin.)

7. Be sure and try the cold soups in the dining room.

Have a great cruise.

Cinnamon,

Haven't seen your name anywhere on the boards to send you a "Bon Voyage" until now. We'll be sailing on her in December so let us know about your cruise. (I've worn the t-shirt I got from you on three cruises now, it's becoming almost a trademark).

Jim,

Great to hear from you. We have a very active Roll Call for our sailing on this Friday, 3rd November. I have been posting there for over a year.

Glad the T shirt is going down well. I have packed John's Mosaic one for this cruise. I am not really a T-shirt wearer, so I won't be taking mine. I will wear my ******s lanyard with pride though.

Cinnamon

Edited to say, how annoying are those asterisks!!!!

Luckily, you know the lovely bunch of people I am referring to.

Archived