new to cruising- but booked

dtctully

Hi Debbie,

Welcome to the boards and cruising, your gonna love both. I've only been on one cruise, it was with Holland America, my Husband has been cruizing since 2001, though neither of us have cruised as much as lots of folks on here, we love it just as much. From learning from him, and this board I would suggest going over to the Celebrity board since your going to be sailing on the Century, though I'm sure you'd love Hal, so many people compare the two. Read all you can about the ship, the Islands you'll be visting, oh, go to your port of embarkcation city a day early if you can, in case your flight is canceled or delayed. You can also go to the roll call board and talk with folks you'll be sailing with, then meet them on board, it's lots of fun. There is a wealth of information on these boards, such nice people! Enjoy your cruize and let us know about all the fun you've had when you get back.

dct,

Read, read, read. Find out as much as you can about where you are going, go the cruiseline's site and see what's on each deck of your ship, etc. You'll be glad you did. On our first cruise we wondered what was under us because nothing was shown on the deck. We asked on these boards and someone guessed it was the kitchen! Lo and Behold, it was the kitchen. The biggest thing was that we knew the kitchen staff started working at 5 am because I'm a light sleeper!

i can't wait for my first cruise, april 07 on century, any thoughts or things i should know or do? thanks, Debbie:o

Hi Debbie! I went on my first cruise to Europe last summer on Golden Princess. No matter how much I read, I still wasn't prepared....I can tell you on packing...less is more. I took 2 suitcases of clothing and realized I didn't pack near enough lol. They do provide washing machines and dryers on each level which are worth the money, and now that I know that, on my next cruise I plan on only taking enough clothing for one week and doing a load of laundry on one of the at sea days. No one cares what you wear on cruises...believe me, I learned the hard way....have a great time on your first cruise, be sure to take part in as many of the activities as possible, and watch as many of the shows as you can, most of them were terrific. :D

Hi Debbie! I went on my first cruise to Europe last summer on Golden Princess. No matter how much I read, I still wasn't prepared....I can tell you on packing...less is more. I took 2 suitcases of clothing and realized I didn't pack near enough lol. They do provide washing machines and dryers on each level which are worth the money, and now that I know that, on my next cruise I plan on only taking enough clothing for one week and doing a load of laundry on one of the at sea days. No one cares what you wear on cruises...believe me, I learned the hard way....have a great time on your first cruise, be sure to take part in as many of the activities as possible, and watch as many of the shows as you can, most of them were terrific. :D

Celebrity does not have self-serve laundry on board their ships. That is the only thing I don't like about the line.

To the OP, please give more details on the cruise you've booked. I would definitely check out the roll call for your cruise to make friends before you even sail. Also, what are your likes and what do you want/expect out of your cruise vacation? That can help us give you info you're interested in.

Archived