Denali Natural History Tour

KnoxvilleSam

The NHT is part of the Princess Cruisetour I've purchased, but I want to either use the shuttle in Denali (and go as far as we can next June 8-9) or the Tundra Wilderness Tour. Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with Princess substituting or refunding to make this less expensive for me to do? I'm a cheapskate, but I'm not going to let money keep me from going where I want to go.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

This season there were reports of refunds. There also was a report of Armark substituting the NHT for a stand by Fish Creek Shuttle. BUT there rarely are many seats left day of. I never recommend booking the TWT independent.

Problems you have- how many days are you at Denali Park- best is to have 2 nights here, then take a Wonder Lake shuttle day 2- 9:15am bus. Without your own transportation, IF you are taking your lodge shuttle, they do not start early enough for the first shuttles. You also are best to be in line 30 mins. prior. Same with the return lodge shuttles, they do not run late.

If you only have one overnight, you are extremely limited and need to be well organized and know what you are doing. Only available with be Fish Creek if you have to leave in the afternoon.

As only an observation- if you are a cheapskate??? :) You are touring under the most costly option of a cruisetour. If a consideration, there is plenty of trip planning here that will give you a superior tour going independent. You never hear of any independent traveler to Alaska ever comment anything but raves. http://www.toursaver.com can offer significant cost savings. You also are probably missing Seward and Whitter- big highlights. :)

Archived