Valor - 11/5/06 - 11/12/06

Griffvols

We are booked on the Valor and just received an upgrade at no charge to Room 1120 on the Spa Deck - Cat. 6E, floor to ceiling windows. We can upgrade to a balcony for $300. This is our first cruise and I need advice on to stay where I am or upgrade. Thanks.

I'm on this sailing and have my first balcony 9280. Its different for each person as what they like in a location. Personally, I don't get motion sick. Now saying that we had cabin 6206 last year on the valor, and you really could feel the up and down of the ship. I loved it, but some may not. I like my current location because its on the Lido deck. I've heard that most of the balconies that are left are on the Upper Deck (6). Its a good location, near everything, and its not to high up (for those with motion problems). Just my 2 cents, for whatever its worth. 11 days can't wait. :)

I'm on this sailing and have my first balcony 9280. Its different for each person as what they like in a location. Personally, I don't get motion sick. Now saying that we had cabin 6206 last year on the valor, and you really could feel the up and down of the ship. I loved it, but some may not. I like my current location because its on the Lido deck. I've heard that most of the balconies that are left are on the Upper Deck (6). Its a good location, near everything, and its not to high up (for those with motion problems). Just my 2 cents, for whatever its worth. 11 days can't wait. :)

This is excellent advice. We will definitely be looking at how high the room is (while we dont suffer from motion sickness, no need to tempt the gods!!!). Do you have any information on balconies situated in the back of the ship vs. the ones on the sides? Is there a "better" option in those terms?

I would definately take the balcony. Nothing like sitting out at night having a cocktail and watching the waves slap the ship and gazing at the stars.

Nothing like sitting out there on sea days having your coffee and a danish with fruit.

Nothing like sitting out on sea days, getting away from the crowds and reading a book.

Nothing like sitting out on your balcony about 1 hour before you leave a port and watching people running and stumbling trying to get back to the ship. It's a hoot.

Nothing like standing next to the railing of your balcony feeling the warm caribbean sea air blow in your face.

Do you need more????????:D

Cindi

I like the way you think!!!

Ok, we booked cabin 6416 and had options on

6416 - **

6292- **

Not sure WHY my wife chose that particular cabin, but she did say we could change it if we wanted to. Any previous Valor passengers want to suggest we do so (for one of those listed above)?

Okay, now I am slightly concerned. Our new cabin is on the spa deck, which appears to be at the top. Anyone else have experience on this deck as to motion of the ship? I would really rather spend the extra $340 on "stuff" rather than a balcony I think. My sister and her husband and another couple are sailing with us and they are on the lido deck and have balconies so we can just use theirs whenever. I am excited to see there are other people on here who are cruising with us!

Save your money and take the cabin on the Spa Deck. My wife and I sailed on the Valor in January and were upgraded from an inside cabin to the Spa deck cabin 1118. I’ve had balcony cabins, exterior cabins, and interior on Carnival and enjoyed being up on the Spa level the best. The rooms on the Spa level were the biggest I have been in. The window slopes outward from top to bottom which adds about 4 to 5 feet to your room. Also, there are hardly any cabins on the Spa level which makes this deck is the quietest. There is a door down the hall just past 1122 that leads to the outside, so you have quick access to get to the main pool area. You also have quick access to the spa hot tubs which are the warmest on the ship. We never felt any ship movement our entire cruise. I have pictures of our room if you like me to e-mail them to you.

Jimm, I would love for you to e-mail photos. Mchrisgriffin at bellsouth.net I am so relieved to hear that this is a nice room. Did you enjoy your cruise? We leave in 10 days and are soooo excited as this is our first cruise. Thanks.

We had a great cruise. The Valor was the nicest ship I’ve been on. She is a newer ship and very clean. The only part of the cruise I didn’t care for was going through customs/immigration in St. Thomas. Since you visit the Bahamas first, then go to St. Thomas which is a U.S. territory, the entire ship has to clear customs/immigration in St. Thomas. You have to wait in this huge line on the ship to get a little sticker that you wear when leaving the ship. It took us about 30 minutes to get through the line.

Thanks for all the info guys, it is really appreciated here!

On a side note, is there a reason why this cruise seems to be so empty? We are booked ont he same ship the following week (back to back baby!) and that cruise is pretty full. Anyone have any idea why this particular sailing is relatively empty?

I like the way you think!!!

Ok, we booked cabin 6416 and had options on

6416 - **

6292- **

Not sure WHY my wife chose that particular cabin, but she did say we could change it if we wanted to. Any previous Valor passengers want to suggest we do so (for one of those listed above)?

The Upper deck is above the Promenade which has many noisy areas. I would have chosen cabin 6292 which is mid ship and above the Bronx Bar which is usually pretty dead. The cabin you currently have is above Paris Hot which is where the Karaoke is and that goes late into the night, so you may be able to hear some good or bad singing through your floor.

One thing that is a great time is hearing Ron Pass in the Lindy Hop piano bar, a must thing to do. I was there every night. Ron is the best piano player I have seen on a cruise ship by far, very entertaining.

GriffVols,

I did some research, have spent time on the balconies, mini suites,and regular oceanview. I am looking forward to the Spa Deck oceanviews - My wife and I are in 1108 on the nov 5th cruise. After seeing pictures, I expect it to be better. It is close to the SPA, close to sky deck, and it is bigger than regular rooms. The table and two chairs that are right in front of the huge floor to ceiling windows will be great for Continental breakfast, without getting blown all over the place which is what can happen with a forward balcony. I personally would take a balcony if they offered it free, unless it was suite.

Gary

Thanks for all the info guys, it is really appreciated here!

On a side note, is there a reason why this cruise seems to be so empty? We are booked ont he same ship the following week (back to back baby!) and that cruise is pretty full. Anyone have any idea why this particular sailing is relatively empty?

Love that moniker JD - I think it is because next week, as you know, is the western itinerary. The eastern itinerary, especially with Nassau and maybe St Thomas, is not so popular anymore. That's why I think you find prices a little cheaper on eastern as well.

Gary

• 9 months later...

Archived