Any problems booking through priceline?

Ziggys

Has anyone ever had problems booking through priceline?

They say they can add charges to your credit card if there are other fees and you don't know which hotel you'll get.

Need Help :eek:

THANKS

I never had any problems with added charges. They do charge your credit card instantly. If you do some fairly intensive research on biddingfortravel.com you can come up with a bidding strategy. Have fun and keep us posted.

Harry

I had problems with priceline a few months back. Harry O is right, do your research first! I have never had any problem with them adding on charges that were not clear in the rules or prices! What are you bidding on? And where?

On board

Has anyone ever had problems booking through priceline?

They say they can add charges to your credit card if there are other fees and you don't know which hotel you'll get.

Have not had any problems with Priceline. Someplaces do add extra charges, like the $12 "Resort Fee" at Pier 66 in Ft Lauderdale. If you have done your research, this will not be a surprise. Your research should also give you a pretty good idea of which hotel you will be getting. You should not bid until you've read: http://www.biddingfortravel.com The site that Bequia mentioned, betterbidding.com is also good.

Don't use Priceline if you need more than one double/queen bed. If you're not particular about bed size or number, then Priceline might be worth considering. Priceline only guarantees that the room will sleep 2. You can call the hotel for a room with 2 beds, but they don't have to accomdate you or can charge you extra.

Last trip I needed 2 beds. Didn't think it would be any big deal to bid, get the hotel and then call the hotel and ask for 2 beds. I didn't mind paying a reasonable additional cost. Well, when I checked in, I was told no extra cost for the 2 beds. When I checked out, they had charged me extra. They had charged me the same amount as if I had booked the hotel directly and had not used Priceline. I think the hotel was trying to make up the extra $ they get from when people book directly vs using a service like Priceline. After the additional charges by the hotel I paid the same as if I had not used Priceline. I argued with the hotel, but they had already charged my account and said the priceline bid only promises a room for 2 to sleep. I called Priceline and they said the same. If you have more than 2 people, the hotel can charge whatever they want extra. Its totally up to the hotel. I didn't think it was worth my time to go further with it.

Vmom,

There usually isn't a problem getting a room with two beds. It is in the hotel's best interests to accomodate your request. Even two people may want to sleep in seperate beds. But I think the key difference here is that you had more than two *people*.

If they told you that there is no extra charge for two beds, I don't see how they could have charged extra. Unless you told them that you have more than two people.

Ziggys,

I can't emphasis enough how important it is to read and understand the information on biddingfortravel.com before you bid. Some people might find that the information is hard to understand, but in my opinion, if you don't understand the information on biddingfortravel, then priceline is not for you.

I LOVE Priceline!

We have never had a problem with getting double beds. I usually call the hotel after the hotel is revealed and put my request in. Of course the hotel can do anything they want but the hotels I have stopped at have been pretty accomodating.

Archived