Sheraton NY & Towers

Gone_Again

Has anyone ever stayed at this hotel? We are thinking about booking it for a few nights Post-cruise, in December.

Is it clean? Good location? Did you enjoy it?

Any info would help. We've never been to NY before so don't really know the area yet.

Thanks!

Its a great location right in the middle of the Thearter district. I have been there many time for events. The people from my company who stayed there never complained. Its at seventh avenue and 50th street. Right near radio City and St Pats as well. Most NY Hotels and Restuarants are clean---contrary to our national reputation - a recent cleaniness study by one of the TV channels found that ONLY NY restuarants had NO contaimination----please don't ask what they checked for you really don't want to know....

Ditto smeyer's post.

It is also within a couple of blocks of Central Park.

The best thing about it is it is kind of within Times Square without being in the middle of the mess.

Walk up tothe corner of Seventh Avenue and West 57th for bagel's at Pick-A-Bagel.

hi you will love the staff at ny towers... they are the best...( hubby used to work there) make sure you say hi to jimmy the bell man and kevin the gm.. and dont forget to stop in at hudson ( the bar ) and have a few cocktails... not far from the famous carnigae(sp) deli... have a sandwich for dinner... email me if you have any questions.

Stephanis@aol.com

steph

Wow...thanks everyone! I guess it's official. We will be staying 3 nights at the Sheraton NY & Towers Hotel after the Noordam cruise.

Another question....you mentioed that it is close to Radio City. We will be there the 27, 28 & 29. How difficult would it be to get tickets to the Radio City Christmas show? We are going to a Broadway show one of th ose nights. Can you pick tickets up to the Radio City show last minute....or do they sell out way in advance? We may try and squeeze in both if time permits.

Thanks!

I attended the Radio City Christmas show in 2004 and really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it. If you have a particular location where you want to sit, I would suggest ordering the tickets in advance. This can be done online, even printing your tickets. I was able to get row AA in the Orchestra section and thought--wow--this will be right near the stage. Wrong. Row AA was the next row after Row Z. But, still, the seats were great. It may be possible to obtain tickets at the last minute. I have been receiving e-mails from them once in awhile that are offering 2 tickets for the price of 1, so sales may be slow.

Wow...thanks everyone! I guess it's official. We will be staying 3 nights at the Sheraton NY & Towers Hotel after the Noordam cruise.

Another question....you mentioed that it is close to Radio City. We will be there the 27, 28 & 29. How difficult would it be to get tickets to the Radio City Christmas show? We are going to a Broadway show one of th ose nights. Can you pick tickets up to the Radio City show last minute....or do they sell out way in advance? We may try and squeeze in both if time permits.

Thanks!

It will be very easy to get tickets and I agree with ordering them ahead of time. Most days there are at least two performances per day and some days there are five.

Radio City Music Hall is an Art Deco treasure. The theater is stunning.

Archived