Daily breakfast for Suite guests

cajunpepsi

I was reading on HALs website about the suite amenities, one of those listed was Daily breakfast for suite guests, I dont recall this on the last HAL cruise is it something new or has it been around a while and we just missed it on our last cruise. I do enjoy breakfast on the balcony while pulling in to Ports when possible. I was wondering if this is for in room or one of the dining rooms set aside.

Just got our docs last week for 12-2 Zuiderdam, looking forward to the warm weather, and tropical breezes, and some relaxation.

I varies depending upon ship, but this is not new that Suite guests have the choice to have breakfast in either Pinnacle or King's Room (for ships that still have a King's Room). There will be a letter in your cabin outlining amenties you can enjoy as a Suite guest. It will give the times and location. It is the same menu as the main dining room.

While we enjoyed going to Pinnacle a few times this summer on Maasdam for breakfast, we almost never do that. For all our cruises, we most of the time enjoy room service breakfast....particularly in the sunny Caribbean where we can eat on the veranda.

I have an SY suite on the Zuiderdam sailing on November 11th. Will I be entitled to the amenities or is it only the SA,SB and SC?

Thanks,

As has been pointed out many times on these boards, SS and SY should really be called very large balcony cabins. On Vistas, only SA, SB, SC, and PH get suite perks.

As has been pointed out many times on these boards, SS and SY should really be called very large balcony cabins. On Vistas, only SA, SB, SC, and PH get suite perks.

That's exactly what I thought, but thanks for your response.

Regards,

I varies depending upon ship, but this is not new that Suite guests have the choice to have breakfast in either Pinnacle or King's Room (for ships that still have a King's Room). There will be a letter in your cabin outlining amenties you can enjoy as a Suite guest. It will give the times and location. It is the same menu as the main dining room.

While we enjoyed going to Pinnacle a few times this summer on Maasdam for breakfast, we almost never do that. For all our cruises, we most of the time enjoy room service breakfast....particularly in the sunny Caribbean where we can eat on the veranda.

Cruised HAL many times in suites and the only time we ever take advantage of the breakfast privileges is when it is offered in the Pinnacle. Why then you might ask?...Because you get the benefit of the Pinnacle galley and your breakfast is cooked to order..2 cruises this year on the Prinsendam for a total 46 days and breakfast in the Pinnacle was a real treat on those occasions we used that perk....:)

I guess it really does depend on the ship. In February on the Volendam there wasn't any special breakfast place or time for suite guests. Of course, we wouldn't have gone anyhow as Mrs. K isn't a big breakfast person. Adopting the Hobbit's idea of first and second breakfast we'd have coffee, juice, and crossants delivered to the cabin around 8 AM. Once the caffeine "transfusion" hit my DW's blood stream :) around 9:30 AM we'd wander up to the Lido for second breakfast. (I love her to pieces but early morning is just not my wife's "cup of tea". :D Believe it or not that was the one, and only, thing her parents both mentioned to me when we told them we were engaged.....and DW was 37!) On port days where we had something planned we'd rely more or less on room service and sometimes supplements from the Neptune Lounge.

We did Rome -Rome and the Crossing on the "Noordam" =Mid September through mid October. Suite guests had the priveledge of using the Pinnacle for Breakfast and it was WONDERFUL. Its the same menu as the dining room -exept there were never MORE than 12 to 15 couples using it -and at the beginning of each cruise - even fewer; a HAVEN of peace!

SanJay from the "Amsterdam" last year- is the Host there and he is SUCH a nice man. WE THUROUGHLY enjoyed using that room and it seemed to be good use for the Vista Class extra dining room. We have seldom used the King's room - just didn't care for it

We were on the Volendam in March and used the Kings Room for breakfast a few times. I agree that the Pinnacle on the Vista class ships is better. The Kings Room doesn't have very many tables and they tend to put a lot of people together. I really don't like to meet new people first thing in the morning.

Your steward will leave a menu on your bed each evening when he turns down the bed. Check off what you want, what time you want it delivered and hang the card on your door handle.

Be specific in what you order. If you want cream with your coffee, be sure to indicate it. If you want butter for your toast or cream cheese for your bagel, be sure to order it. They are very literal. You get exactly what you ask for and only that. If you want tomato juice for two people, be sure to write a '2'.

Also.....if there is something you would like that is not on the menu, write it in and you probably will get it.

This is where it is fun to hear different opinons and just shows you that not everyone is a like. We have had S Suite for most of our cruises and have gone to the Pinnacle several times for breakfast as well as had Room Service and before we had S Suite also went to the Main Dining Room but even though it is often crowded I prefer the Lido. To me there is just so much more choices and it varies every day. To me it gets boring in the Neptune since it is basically the same as room service and the same choices day after day. This last time on the Veendam everyday they had a different type of French Toast. One morning was banana bread french toast, another was sliced peacan cinnamon buns that were made french toast style. There is a bigger selection of fruit and I do not get looked at strange when I want, V-8 juice, Grapefruit juice and Prune Juice.:D

I'm with you on this Sail. I enjoy having my breakfast in my room, then I can relax, take a shower, get dressed and start my day. I like enjoying my coffee or tea on my verandah especially when pulling into port.

Sometimes I don't even order breakfast and just mosey on over to the Neptune and have some coffee and muslix with some fruit to start the day and then have a little brunch around 10am.:)

I guess it really does depend on the ship. In February on the Volendam there wasn't any special breakfast place or time for suite guests. Of course, we wouldn't have gone anyhow as Mrs. K isn't a big breakfast person. Adopting the Hobbit's idea of first and second breakfast we'd have coffee, juice, and crossants delivered to the cabin around 8 AM. Once the caffeine "transfusion" hit my DW's blood stream :) around 9:30 AM we'd wander up to the Lido for second breakfast. (I love her to pieces but early morning is just not my wife's "cup of tea". :D Believe it or not that was the one, and only, thing her parents both mentioned to me when we told them we were engaged.....and DW was 37!) On port days where we had something planned we'd rely more or less on room service and sometimes supplements from the Neptune Lounge.

I was on the Volendam this past February 2nd 10 day cruise and we had breakfast in the King's Room every morning if we wanted it. It was nice because every morning I went down there was only 3 other couples there. I liked to have it in my suite, but I went down to the King's a few times during the cruise.

I don't care to have a buffet breakfast in the Lido at any time.

We were on the Volendam in March and used the Kings Room for breakfast a few times. I agree that the Pinnacle on the Vista class ships is better. The Kings Room doesn't have very many tables and they tend to put a lot of people together. I really don't like to meet new people first thing in the morning.

We didn't have a problem with crowding on our Feb 2nd cruise on the Volendam. Hardly anyone was in the King's Room, service was fast and it was nice and quiet.

We will be on our first HAL cruise in December--in SC cabin.

Does the Pinnacle charge for breakfast? and do you need reservations?

berylde, if you are in a SC there is no charge for you to go to the Pinnacle. You will also not need a reservation. If you have a SC sounds like you will have a corner aft cabin on a Vista Class Ship. You are going to love it.:)

No reservation needed. Just appear at Pinnacle during the hours listed on a notice you will find in your cabin when you board. The first time you come in the morning, they probably will ask your cabin number. After that, they will remember you.

Adopting the Hobbit's idea of first and second breakfast we'd have coffee, juice, and crossants delivered to the cabin around 8 AM. Once the caffeine "transfusion" hit my DW's blood stream :) around 9:30 AM we'd wander up to the Lido for second breakfast. (I love her to pieces but early morning is just not my wife's "cup of tea".

I end up doing the same thing (unless I'm in a suite and can order my Eggs Benedict in bed...)*How tremendously civilized!

:D

Archived