Duty Free shops on board

k8russ8

Hello one and all seasoned sailors.
Does anyone know if the ships stores carry Lancome products? I have purchased them on Celebrity. I always purchase perfume on board and really get a great savings. Just adding a bit of frivolity to life.

Thanks for your help

[quote name='k8russ8']Hello one and all seasoned sailors.
Does anyone know if the ships stores carry Lancome products? I have purchased them on Celebrity. I always purchase perfume on board and really get a great savings. Just adding a bit of frivolity to life.

Thanks for your help[/QUOTE]

Question: Been SIX years since our first and only other cruise...the benefit of the Duty Free is that you don't pay tax? And you collect your goodies when you disembark?? Are items also discounted?

Thanks!

I just checked a receipt and NO TAX!!! Other than liquor and MAYBE cigarettes, everything else can be taken at the time of purchase.

I saw sales go on but this was mostly for souvenirs and ship logo items at the end. Gold was on sale but I wouldn't call it a sale. :rolleyes:

[quote name='SherriM']Question: Been SIX years since our first and only other cruise...the benefit of the Duty Free is that you don't pay tax? And you collect your goodies when you disembark?? Are items also discounted?

Thanks![/quote]

Sometimes they are ...
But be a very pro-active consumer and shop the prices...:cool:

[quote name='SherriM']Question: Been SIX years since our first and only other cruise...the benefit of the Duty Free is that you don't pay tax? And you collect your goodies when you disembark?? Are items also discounted?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I know our last 2 HAL cruises have had Lancome products featured in the duty free shop - the selection has varied. I love their Mascara and usually buy some. But overall don't really feel the duty free is that big of a deal versus what I can get at home. If you have a Sephora store in your area - I prefer that.

Archived