ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

M&J! I agree! It was a great trip, and Derek and I had a wonderful time hanging out with the two of you and all the rest!

By far one of our best vacations ever!

Now, we just need a vacation to recover from all the fun we had!

For those of you interested, there are some pics, and will be more over the course of the next few days, posted on our blog.

http://www.johnandderek.com

I want to say thank you to everyone for a fantastic trip, and being so friendly and kind...you all were just as great as the personna on this board. Meeting you all really made the trip more than just another Caribbean cruise.

Maria and janet.....February next year or else...the cruise would not be the same without you two fab ladies.

Now its back to reality till August hits and its off to Italy.

Thanks again to all....you made the trip really great......withdrawal is painful.

Tom

Hey Guys,

What a wonderful time. Even if Flash got that bug that was going around the ship. Great People. Great Music. Great Entertainment. Great Weather etc.. I could go on and on. Speaking of going on, we are pretty sure we are going on next year's Caribbean on the Zuiderdam. We hope to see all of you again.

Christopher, thank you for the Swiss Chocolate you brought for all of us. Flash has his Noir (dark) in the freezer and I have mine at room temperature like I like it. How thoughtful of you.

Overall I am impressed with the friendliness of the crowd. Flash, his wheelchair and I had been on another company's charter and let's just say it was a little chillier. On this charter Flash was treated only with respect and graciousness which means a lot to both of us.

Actually, we agreed that this is the best vacation we have taken EVER! And that includes the flu bug thing going around the ship that he caught the last two days.

Matt and everyone, let's take a breath before we start our '08 Zuiderdam Caribbean Obsession Postings. I don't think I can take it yet.

I loved meeting all of you and look forward to our countdown to Holland America. Big Love, Ron (and Flash)

Did the express walk-off too and was on the highway by 7:45 a.m. - made it home after an 8 hour drive. Will try to unpack one of these days. Blister from my Dorothy pumps has all healed - NEVER again!:o

Yah - Christopher just disappeared although Matt said he saw him at breakfast Saturday. Thursday night he was at Skywalkers (and feeling NO pain ;) ).

Thanks to all - was a great trip and I signed up for next year's... trying to get a few fellow Unadilla-ites to come along...

I lost him after Wed.......Tuesday at Sterlings was great...Wed a review from him on his date that night...then an absence.

Chris......hope you did not get the bug, and was just having too good a time.

I have made it back to Lausanne after long flights and train rides, etc. If my body clock was not mesed up after this week the loss of 6 hours is not going to help.

Another call for smaller ships is in order I think as I too found it odd that after running into some people over and over again in the first few days, the exact opposite happened over the last few days where I began running into different people again and again. Lost track of Tom, cruisy Dave and one of the Phils (thulewx) and managed to run into another Phil (dendren) a few times. Some people from the board I never met which is a shame because I was impressed at what an even better group the live in person batch seemed to be than just what we found here on the posts. Did get a bit of the bug of sorts that sent me to bed early and missing quite a bit on Friday...recovering from the excitement of Thursday at skywalkers.

I come away with some wonderful friendships and the beginnings of some life long bosom buddies. I look forward to the upcoming opportunites I will have to continue andrekindle some of the friendships started this week. The Caribbean is not in the cards for me due to the dates not falling in my school holiday calendar....but all the more reason to book the Med. That decision will be finalized by April 1 when I get confimation regarding a potential school project that I may have to be involved in during August.

I hope that we continue to check back in here again periodically o keep in touch. Thanks to Tim and Ricky,Tom, the Phils, Marlin and Joe, Mike and Gary, and Bill whom I seemed to spend the most time with. But again to you all thanks.

Christopher

Hi guys.

Made it home to Long Beach by 9:00 p.m. (Midnight, CB time!) last night. Long day of traveling. FLL to NYC to LGB!

It was great seeing old friends and meeting lots of new friends. I had a great time and want to thank all of you for making it especially fun!

Although I need to rest up after this "vacation" it's back to work!

Take care, Glenn

Hello All!!!

We are back in cold and snowy Pennsylvania!

Just a quick break from work to say what a GREAT time we had on the cruise and how SPECIAL it was to meet our fellow posters and spend some time getting to know you better. Despite my allergy problems at the beginning of the cruise week, and then my chest cold at the end (!) it was a wonderful vacation. We have booked the cruise for next February. Hooray!

The champagne catamaran was a blast, and I will be sending group pictures via email to the participants.

Very busy at work now, so I'll have to post some more thoughts later.

Warmly,

Max (and Bob)

Thanks everyone for a wonderful cruise once again. We made it home quite late last night after volunteering for a later flight out of Miami instead of Ft. Lauderdale but it's ok...the travel voucher should take care of next years airfare back to Ft. Lauderdale for the RSVP Zuiderdam cruise!

It was a pleasure meeting so many of you and we look forward to doing it again next year. I'll have some pictures up in a few days and post a link if you are interested.

Take care everyone!

Mark and Donny

Ralph and I were definitely dealing with the "let down" of being back to reality... now I am just gearing up for my first class.

What a wonderful, wonderful trip. It exceeded my expectations, and we were both glad to meet so many new people and new friends.

Can't wait for next year!

Matt

Hope everyone had a wonderful time. I took a break from the crusie this year, but will be back on next year, what are post of call

and the dates for the Zuiderdam in 2008.

Donald

Hi Donald,

The dates are 2/23/08-3/1/08. Ports: Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, Half moon Cay (private island). RMS Olympic started a thread RSVP Zuiderdam 2008.

Jim & Terry

Let me start off with the worst moment of the ship...........

That was yesterday when we were in line to exit! The RSVP staff was telling everyone goodbye and I looked around at all of the friendly faces and some with tears. I admit I wiped a few tears away walking off the ship. We had such an incredible time and we met so many fantastic people (90% are right here on this board). You guys made our trip!!

What I wouldn't do to be sitting at Sister Helen's church bingo with all of you right now!!! That was a blast! Thank you Paul! :-) Please let us know if you will be on the cruise out of Rome so we can pack a nice pill box hat (I sure wish we could have had Janet and Maria's gorgeous hats). :-)

Kip and Ken- I am 99% sure we saw you guys walking up A1A yesterday morning. Our cab was taking us to our hotel- Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach and I believe you were walking right by. We went for a walk after we checked in but didn't see you guys. We had a great brunch at the Hilton by their pool which overlooks the ocean.

Our dinner plans didn't work out last night so we ventured up the road and back to reality with wings at HOOTERS!!! haha That was a true wake up call that we were no longer with our RSVP friends! :-)

We had a fantastic time! We are SO thrilled about the Caribbean trip next year as well as this summer.

It will be tough going back to work tomorrow!

We miss you all very much!!!!! Thank you for a week full of fun, friendship and memories!!!

Hi Friends, Thank you all for helping make this our best vacation ever! We are very emotional today and have both had a good cry for good times and the reality check of coming home.

Truly, it was a pleasure to meet you all and we will miss being able to see you everyday. Our week in the gay world leaves the straight world lacking.

Some quick thank you's...

Christopher - for being who you are. We are blessed with a life long friend in you.

Matt - for your welcoming nature and the discovery that Jagermeister = Bad!

Bill (FTLWill) - for your kind heart and friendship

Marlin and Joe - for making us feel welcome as soon as we steped out of our car

Walter - for being a great guy and one hell of a dancer!

Kip and Ken - for the laughs and Ken for pointing out Chad Allen! Don't forget to email that photo!

Paul J - for the fun and laughs. Our church hats are off to you. Please tell Mark that we think he rocks!

Tom - for pulling us out of our shell

John and Leonard - for great stories and companionship at lunches

To everyone else we thank you for adding to the magic. I cannot believe it is over and I thank you for putting up with my madness before, during and after. Please stay in touch. I'll post photos as I have time.

We hope to see you all again. RSVP ROCKS!

I forgot to mention--- please share/post all of your photos! We would love to see what everyone took!!!

We had the pleasure of meeting Thelma Houston during the Construction Party (see below). She was wonderful and was even rocking a silver construction hat! :D

870771424_CruisePics-RSVPFeb2007126.jpg.f367076e102f0f16a3996dc763c0d0b5.jpg

Hi All,

Joe and I wanted to say a HUGE Thank You to ALL OF YOU! For our first cruise, we have to say that it was THE BEST VACATION WE EVER HAD!! Meeting all of you was Fantastic and we hope you all keep in touch too! If you ever want to get away from the cold nothern climates, y'all are welcome to come to Tampa! :) It was an absolute pleasure meeting each and every one of you! Dinners, drinks, partying, dancing were all the best and we must say that this group is the best and we're so glad we got to meet so many new friends!

Thanks again to all for the wonderful memories and new friendships!

P.S. - We also signed up for Zuiderdam 2008 during the cruise.

Keep in touch! Email us anytime!! Marlin - mar_joe_1@yahoo.com Joe - tampa_joe2000@yahoo.com

HUGS TO ALL!!

See you all on the new thread for next year!

Hi all:

After a day in FLL (it was on us on A1A, walked all the way to Wilton Manors, cripes!) yesterday and all day traveling today we have made it home about 1/2 hour ago.

It was great to meet all of you. Ken &/or I will post/email photos in the next couple of days.

For now, it is time to rest up for work tomorrow.

Talk to you all again real soon.

Kip

I too would like to add how great it was to finally meet the person that goes with the post. I must say we had a very friendly bunch.

I tend to be painfully shy around new people to the point of people mistakingly

thinking I'm indifferent. However, I found the persons I interacted with to be

inviting and amicable and for that I am grateful.

I'll be on the Meditteranean cruise in ,August and the Zuiderdam next year.

Hope to see you all soon

:( Wow - that was the fastest week of my life!

THANK YOU to everyone for welcoming us with open arms and hearts!

We couldn't have planned a better way to celebrate our 20th!

To everyone we didn't meet: We hope to meet you on a future cruise!

To all of you who we did meet: We can't wait to see you again and hope you will email us when you can.

I will post a link to our photos both here and on the new board for next year's cruise. We are sad to say that we did not get booked on next February's Cruise on the ship (just didn't think about it) and hope we get our information from RSVP soon so we can start planning all over again!

Please add me to your email lists and keep us posted on your adventures and I will try to remember to check back on these boards often.

Until our paths cross again...

Wishing you all health and happiness,

John and Leonard

PS Jim and Bill - I could never find your room 713 to leave our card!

l_9f6552bb28244fe7296e8c6c0d98a6e7.jpg.e38a2b66169e6b4abd0e25fe8861207c.jpg

I heard there was a bug going around the ship where people were ill for about 2 days...chills, sweats, aches...then it was gone as fast as it hit.

well I got it last night....wow, the after affect is lingering today..hope its gone tomorrow so I can get into my work out routine for the next cruise.

Before I forget...did anyone get to meet Qualitynlife? or Hogthrob...I missed these two posters.

I heard there was a bug going around the ship where people were ill for about 2 days...chills, sweats, aches...then it was gone as fast as it hit.

well I got it last night....wow, the after affect is lingering today..hope its gone tomorrow so I can get into my work out routine for the next cruise.

Before I forget...did anyone get to meet Qualitynlife? or Hogthrob...I missed these two posters.

Tom,

We spoke with a couple of people who caught the bug and they were in their cabin for 24 hours. Hope you feel better soon. We did'nt meet these posters either.

Jim & Terry

I met Robert (qualitynlife) and saw him several times through out the cruise. He was always smiling and seemed to be having a great time.

Hogthrob remained elusive :)

I did not meet Phil (dendren) until 1:30 am or so on our last night, just before going to sleep.

It feels like I did manage to meet most people on the thread.

And despite our best intentions, I only saw Tom and Phil (Thuelwx) so very briefly...although it always felt like I was all over the ship

It's a bitter brutal cold day here in nyc... 2nd coldest feb day since the 1890s... or so I heard.

I didn't get a chance to meet many of ya'll -- since I am horrible at recognizing people.... although some recognized me which I found very amusing... of course, when I did meet them... I never saw them again (Steven, I did look for you throughout the trip but our paths only crossed that first night).

Funny thing, I didn't meet one other person from NYC the whole trip until I got on the plane and sat next to someone from the cruise... that's funny.

By the way, Greg, nice job at the talent show!

Next time I hope to meet more of you guys (and gals)!

Archived