Corner FV Question

bac513

Have a hold on a corner FV on Constellation. Unlike the non-corner cabins, this has a solid steel vs. clear glass balcony wall. DW wants to know whether this restricts view of the wake? Can still get non-corner FV. Advice? Thanks.

Have a hold on a corner FV on Constellation. Unlike the non-corner cabins, this has a solid steel vs. clear glass balcony wall. DW wants to know whether this restricts view of the wake? Can still get non-corner FV. Advice? Thanks.

We have sailed in this type cabin at least 5+ times including transatlantic ...very difficult to book until near the sail date for just two PAX..they want to sell them to parties of 4/5. If you look at the shape of them, the "cup" end is further out than the fronts of the adjacent balconies and being steel it does restrict the view of the wake until you walk right up to the end.....however this is a small price to pay unless you are dead keen to see the wake!

We think they are the most sought after balconies because of their size...although the one open side can make the balcony a bit windy in some weather conditions.

We are going to be in one in a week's time on ML while it does the MED for its last trip before leaving for home waters in FLA. Can't wait!

Depends where you are on the veranda. From most sitting positions, yes, the water view is obscured. The wake can be easily seen when standing though. There is one small glass panel near your neighbor's side, but the rest, includding sides, are metal. (check out my pics.)

Yes, the view of the wake from a sitting position on the balcony is restricted. The lower deck FVs have a section of balcony that is glass which permit a wake view.

But as white heather said, I also feel that this is a very small drawback (but to each their own, I suppose). The fact that the corner FV has a very wide sweeping 270 deg view makes the view of the wake less of a big deal.

Although quite roomy, the interior of the non-corner FV is a bit smaller with less closet space and a shorter desk compared to the corner FV.

I'd hang onto the corner FV. Been in one twice and they are still our favorite cabin on any ship. We try to get an aft balcony on any ship because we, too, love the wake and view from the back of the ship. But this is such a terrific room, that I didn't mind having to stand to see the wake from the veranda.

ENJOY whatever cabin you end up with.

Yes, the view of the wake from a sitting position on the balcony is restricted. The lower deck FVs have a section of balcony that is glass which permit a wake view.

But as white heather said, I also feel that this is a very small drawback (but to each their own, I suppose). The fact that the corner FV has a very wide sweeping 270 deg view makes the view of the wake less of a big deal.

Although quite roomy, the interior of the non-corner FV is a bit smaller with less closet space and a shorter desk compared to the corner FV.

Which lower decks?

Thank you and regards

sasset,

Deck 8 corner FVs have a small glass section while the Deck 7 ones have a bigger section. Here is a picture of Millennium's aft balconies which show this:

7587.jpg

Archived