Labadee Snorkeling

mrsfuzzmo

I hear people saying they are going snorkeling in Labadee. Is it very good snorkeling? Is it worth us taking our snorkel gear with us onto Labadee? I can't find much information other than people either waverunner or relax there. I'm interested in the snorkeling and the clarity of the water. Any help?

Would there be any problem taking our own gear off the ship and trying it out anyway? I've rented gear and snorkeled there before, and it's not worth renting gear again, but would consider using my own (for free). My husband though there may be an issue with this because we wouldn't be using the cruise line's?

Would there be any problem taking our own gear off the ship and trying it out anyway? I've rented gear and snorkeled there before, and it's not worth renting gear again, but would consider using my own (for free). My husband though there may be an issue with this because we wouldn't be using the cruise line's?

I can't imagine a problem with bringing & using your own equipment, but you will have to rent and use their silly inflatable vest. :rolleyes:

• 5 years later...

Someone mentioned snorkeling at "Adrenaline Beach" on "far right side" - but I don't see such a beach on RCCL's Labadee map. And the "far right side" is Haiti proper.

Anyone know whether Adrenaline Beach exists, or whether there's decent snorkeling anywhere else at Labadee? (We have our own gear.)

Thanks.

Someone mentioned snorkeling at "Adrenaline Beach" on "far right side" - but I don't see such a beach on RCCL's Labadee map. And the "far right side" is Haiti proper.

Anyone know whether Adrenaline Beach exists, or whether there's decent snorkeling anywhere else at Labadee? (We have our own gear.)

Thanks.

Adrenaline Beach is the area under the zip lines in the cove closest to the Coast. Snorkeling there is not very good IMO. There was little to see and by early afternoon the water was pretty silted up.

• 2 weeks later...

Our experience was similar to what others are saying. Snorkeling wasn't great, but the water was clear. Labadee was the first stop on our RCL trip a couple of years ago, so we used it as a chance to check our snorkel gear to make sure it all worked properly. We didn't see anything in the water. No fish. No coral.

We tried in December, went first thing to the far end of adrenaline beach. There were a few fish, but you probably could not see anything once people started walking around stirring up the bottom. We used it as an opportunity to test our gear and camera since it was the first stop on our cruise. I took the attached pictures there.

EOS100_1365.jpg.da7af785ee1f2523f526332eaae8eaeb.jpg

Archived