port canaveral attractions

fitz2

We are staying in cocoa beach for 2 days before our Glory cruise. We have childrn ages 15, 13, and 12. -What our some good sightseeing activities for this age group? I was thinking an airboat tour (how often do you see manatees? we'll be there in April. I was also thinking about the

merrit nature reserve. Thanks alot.

We are staying in cocoa beach for 2 days before our Glory cruise. We have childrn ages 15, 13, and 12. -What our some good sightseeing activities for this age group? I was thinking an airboat tour (how often do you see manatees? we'll be there in April. I was also thinking about the

I would definately check out the Kennedy Space Center. Its an amazing place for kids and adults alike! Also the Ron Jon Surf shop is a fun place to check out with the kids.

I would suggest Kennedy Space Center, you can get the max ticket 38pp for adults but worth every penny, don't miss the iMax theater movie show ( there's 2) the Tix also includes the Astronaunt hall of fame which is 6 miles down the road from KSC ( in Titusville where I live) and the kids will LOVE it, alot of Hands on stuff. Plan on spending at least 5 hrs of the day for this stuff though, Yes there is that much. If your looking for a place to eat, while your in Titusville, try Dixie Crossroads on Garden St, just a few miles from Astronaunt hall of fame, or over at the Port. Our favorite resturant to eat at is Grills, great food, great atmosphere. We drive 30 mins over there ALL the time to eat. Of course you have to visit Ron Jon's surf shop right in cocoa beach, the kids will like that. THe Titusville marina is loaded with manatee's, just walk around the docks at the marina and you'll see tons. Humm cant' think of anything else, Hope this helps some.

I'll add my vote to the Space Ctr -

and I recommend you check the web page B4 you go. The 'good stuff' is seen by taking bus tours from the main visitor center (they cost extra). One of those tours is once a day last time I checked, and it happens to be my favorite one - the tour to the old original launch pads @ Cape Canaveral AFS. Also some tours will sell out fast so adv ticketing can be a good idea.

http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/visitKSC/index.asp

and just for fun: http://www.robsv.com/cape/index.html

So far as Manatees you won't see then from an airboat cuz the airboat is in the swamp/marsh and the Manatees stay in deeper water. The comment about marinas is right on. In fact, if there is a fresh water hose spilling into the brackish water of the Indian River --- Manatees will often come over for a drink. A a couple of heads of lettuce can be enticing. We used to sit on the end of a small pier right near the cruise ship docks and feed them .... some liked to hang out near the Coast Guard piers as the Coasties would turn the hose on for them.....

For teens - a stop at RonJon is mandatory....every kid needs a surfer shirt from RonJon. You can also rent surfboards and try your luck....

Thanks for all the great info. I think my kids will really like the Kennedy space center a stop at Ron Jons to get surf boards and then try them at the beach. Hopefully we'll get to see some manatees at the cruise pier. Thanks again.:rolleyes:

Archived