Hotel recommendations in Ft. Lauderdale

beachpeach1

We are staying at the Marriott Beachplace Towers the night before our cruise in December, they have many different types of room, and overlook the sea (request basis) the hotel is not too far away from the port, and compared to some of the other hotels we have stayed at (Hyatt, Holiday inn etc) it works out well.

It may be a bit on the expensive side, but the rooms are good (no hairs!!) and clean. Also right opposite the ocean for a quick trip to the beach.

James

If you are looking for hotel rooms for either February 3 or February 4, 2007. No hotel rooms are available. I found one in Boca Raton for $280.00 @ nite. I cancelled my Caribbean Princess sailing on 2/4/07. Had no idea it was Super Bowl Weekend.

Catalina56

I also stayed at the beachplace towers. Great place. Clean rooms, good location, bars and restaurants galore. No shuttle but reasonable taxi, I don't remember exactly how much though. Would most definitely stay there again.

Thanks, Bruce... I have been keeping an eye on that one. I posted there a few weeks ago titled "Anyone at Amerisuites recently" and didn't get a good feeling about it from others who posted but no one seemed to have stayed there recently. Am hoping for a more recent review. Have a backup reservation elsewhere just in case for our Jan. 12th- 14th pre-cruise stay but the location and price for the Amerisuites is kind of hard to beat.

We are booked in the Amerisuites pre cruise for our 11/19 sailing. Stayed there a few times before and had no problems. I will check everything out carefully this time and post my findings here when we return. Fair enough?

Both Laquinta and Sleep Inn have shuttles to the port. I've read decent reviews on both hotels.

Sleep Inn

1500 SE 5th Ave , Dania, FL, US, 33004

Phone: (954) 874-1800

Laquinta

2620 North 26th Ave.

Hollywood, FL 33020

(954)922-2295

We are booked in the Amerisuites pre cruise for our 11/19 sailing. Stayed there a few times before and had no problems. I will check everything out carefully this time and post my findings here when we return. Fair enough?

Would sure appreciate it!! Thanks alot.

Equity Inns Announces Agreement with Global Hyatt to Convert 18 AmeriSuites to Hyatt Place Hotels

Equity Inns, Inc. (NYSE: ENN), the third largest hotel real estate investment trust (REIT), today announced that the Company has filed a Form 8-K with the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) in connection with agreement with Global Hyatt Corporation regarding the terms under which ENN will convert its 18 AmeriSuites to Hyatt Place hotels. Conversion of all hotels is expected to be completed by the end of 2007.

Thanks to Lynn and Cruzman for checking out Amerisuites. This should put an end to any speculation on the conditions at the hotel. Look forward to hearing you comments later this month.

Archived