a few ??? about the Baths

Sandi149

My husband and I are going to be doing a trip to The Baths on our cruise next

June. I have a couple of questions.

1. What type of shoes would I need for the hike down to the beach? Should I wear sneakers or sandels?

2. Are there lockers to lock up your stuff?

3. For those of you who did the boat trip and swam across to the beach, how deep is the water that you are swimming in? Can you stand if you want to rest for a minute or is it too deep? Is it a long swim across?

4. Can we rent snorkel equipment and approx. how much does it cost?

Anything you can tell me is greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks.

I've never been the land route but can tell you that the water is deep on the swim in, no stopping and standing. How far you will need to swim depends on where the mooring ball is that your particular boat hooks up to. Most are not all that far.

I've never been the land route but can tell you that the water is deep on the swim in, no stopping and standing. How far you will need to swim depends on where the mooring ball is that your particular boat hooks up to. Most are not all that far.

Do they give you some sort of life vest/belt to wear?

That depends on what charter company your cruise line or your group chooses. I do know that Patouche has flotation belts like a water skier might wear that work very well for snorkeling, as does Aristocat (I don't know if Aristocat does trips to the Baths) I would like to think other charters have similar flotation devices available for their clients.

That depends on what charter company your cruise line or your group chooses. I do know that Patouche has flotation belts like a water skier might wear that work very well for snorkeling, as does Aristocat (I don't know if Aristocat does trips to the Baths) I would like to think other charters have similar flotation devices available for their clients.

I hope the tour boat that we take has those life belts. I can swim but in the ocean I feel that I would need to have the belt especially since the water is too deep to stand in.

Once you get to the dock in Spanish Town is there another ferry from there or do you walk to the baths. If there is a ferry how much is it and how long does it take to get there?

Thanks

we haven't been yet but from what i understand, when you get off the Ferry you will catch a safari bus (or something like that) to take you to the baths, they will drop you off at the top of the hill and you will walk down to the water.

I also would like to know the price of the ferry and if there is an enterance fee to the baths.

Once you get to the dock in Spanish Town is there another ferry from there or do you walk to the baths. If there is a ferry how much is it and how long does it take to get there?

Thanks

If you are going on your own (not through a ship tour, or booking your own boat tour over) and are taking the public ferry from Tortola to Virgin Gorda, you will need to take an open air cab to the top of the Baths. I think that it is too far to walk.

At the Bath's, you need good walking shoes as you will be walking down a trail to the beaches and the caves/baths.

We took the this tour through the ship. It was a great day!

have fun!

I would like to add a question to this -- For those who have been there. Which do you recommend -- arriving by water or via land? Thanks.

We went to the Baths in August....it was wonderful.

We booked through the ship and were on the one that was the arrival by water. There was a problem with the vendor that week and we were switched to the ferry and arrival to the top of the baths by land.

We really enjoyed our time at the Baths. However, if we go back, we would prefer to arrive to the Baths by boat and swim or float to the shore. The swim is not far and you get to the caves and the beach much quicker. If you are arriving by land to the top of the baths, I recommend wearing good shoes to walk the trail down to the beach (sneakers or something with support). Flip flops/sandals not good if you are arriving at the top of the baths by land and are walking down.

We went to the Baths in August....it was wonderful.

We booked through the ship and were on the one that was the arrival by water. There was a problem with the vendor that week and we were switched to the ferry and arrival to the top of the baths by land.

We really enjoyed our time at the Baths. However, if we go back, we would prefer to arrive to the Baths by boat and swim or float to the shore. The swim is not far and you get to the caves and the beach much quicker. If you are arriving by land to the top of the baths, I recommend wearing good shoes to walk the trail down to the beach (sneakers or something with support). Flip flops/sandals not good if you are arriving at the top of the baths by land and are walking down.

I hope the ship's tour that I take does it with the swim to the beach. I'm also hoping that they give some sort of life belt/vest. I am a good swimmer but since the water is deep and I won't be able to stand, I would feel better if they had that.

Which ship's tour did you take and do you remember how much it cost?

I hope the ship's tour that I take does it with the swim to the beach. I'm also hoping that they give some sort of life belt/vest. I am a good swimmer but since the water is deep and I won't be able to stand, I would feel better if they had that.

Which ship's tour did you take and do you remember how much it cost?

Hi Sandi:

I was on the NCL Spirit and originally booked the Bath's Swim and Snorkel. I do not remember the prices. Because of a problem with the vendor we were switched (automatically by NCL) to the Virgin Gorda Highlights and Baths (this had us arrive by ferry and then taxi to the top of the Baths).

We were told that there were vests and belts available for people who wanted them when we were going to do the swim tour. It really is not a far swim and salt water makes it easier to float!!! However, the vests and belts were supposed to be available.

If I were to go back, I would do the swim and snorkel because you just take a charter boat over and anchor at the baths. You do not have to take a ferry, then a taxi, then walk down a trail to one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to!

Have a great time!

Archived