Anyway to Save in summer?

Ok, we have to go in the summer, because my son is not the best student, so I wouldn't want him to miss school. BUt the prices are so much higher and I read there are pretty much no deals in the summer. So I was wondering if anyone had any hints for how to save in the summertime. I did read that booking early helps. We are not going until June of 2008, how far in advance can you book? And if anyone has found a good deal in the summer, I would love to hear about it. Thank you all so much in advance.

Book either the very earliest or very latest part of the summer that you possibly can. Beginnning of June can be a lot cheaper than the end of June. The same goes as well for early vs. late August.

you can book as soon as they open the bookings...on RCI for instance, there are some dates already open.

the earlier you book, the longer you have to pay..therefore, the longer you have to save the money. you can just pay a little at a time...couple hundred or so here and there.....that's how i do it

you can save money by getting drinks of the day just in a regular glass, not the souvenier cup. saves you a buck or two.

use independent tour operators in ports.....ou can search these boards for info, plus you can google almost everything. there are many reputable independent operators of tours...just pay attention to the departure time for the ship...it will not wait for those on their own tours...but if a ships tour is late, the boat waits.

you dont have to buy all the pictures they take........you may want one or 2 as souveniers. they are between 10 and 20 each, but sometimes that is the only time your family will be together!

hth

Archived