Category 8A on Carnival Legend ????

pjfnme

Okay -- I'm trying to go inexpensively as possible on the Carnival Legend next year for the 8 day to Belize & Panama. I do want a balcony, however, and the category 8A was the lowest available. I am concerned about the noise though and was wondering if anyone else has had this category and if you can tell me anything about the noise level. It is directly above a lot of common areas. If it is too noisy..I may have to go to the Upper deck for Cat 8B. Please give me some opinions!!! I had a bad experience on the Spirit..we had the highest cat available w/extended balcony and ended up being right under the Lido deck which was awful!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!

The cheapest way possible is going with a guaranteed balcony.

You are guaranteed a balcony just dont know which floor.

I like to pick my own cabin for the reasons I dont want to be located in an undesirable location. I pick my cabin to be directly between two decks of cabins. Sailing on the aft is very quiet..people tend not to venture where they dont have to be.

Go to a the deck layout and look above and below the deck you are considering before choosing a cabin. If you go with a guarantee then you could be anywhere. When I was upgraded I checked the deck first to see what was available and picked a cabin on a deck in between other cabin decks. The Panorama deck is right under the Lido so you don't want to be there. Upper, Empress, Verandah and Main (aft) are pretty safe.

• 3 weeks later...

We were in Cabin 4167 on the Miracle, above photo gallery and very near elevators. Absolutely no noise from deck below or from elevators and it is an extremely convenient location. I would always book an 8A midship on the Spirit class, and would never book balcony guarantee for fear of ending up under the Lido deck.

When the price of my cruise went down I emailed the TA. He said I could upgrade to an 8I. I requested an 8G because I didn't want to be under the Lido. I looked at what was available on an online website and picked the cabin I wanted.

I booked a category 8A on the Legend last April. Luckily, the price of my cruise dropped and I asked for a free upgrade. I actually asked them for an aft cabin (8C) that I knew was available from looking at the websites. They were very accomodating and gave me the cabin I wanted. It was my first balcony cabin and just fantastic. I would try for an aft cabin if you have the opportunity.

we have booked 4 of the 6 upper deck aft balcony staterooms on the Valor for Apr 3 cruise, reason the balcony dividers fold away to make all one big balcony, understand only on Destiny class can you do this. lookin forward to some nice evenings.

Elation 98

Destiny 02

Conquest 04

Valor 05

John

Ps: they are also 8As .

Archived