Can I take my own coffee pot?

kittikat

Yes I must be be going feeble and blind that I can't read a patter on page one!:rolleyes:

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Maybe just enjoying your cruise too much!!!!!!!!!!!

I see you just posted and it does say that curling irons are allowed, they just have to be monitored, turned off after done, and have an on/off switch.

That's good news for Stoneharborlady!

Thanks Tony. That is exactly how it is worded on last weeks CB patters that I quoted along with clothing and candles of course. So now we know it seems to be fleet wide.

So what in the heck are they talking about for a non thermostatically controlled water heater that isn't allowed? Is it one of those thingies you stick in a coffee mug and it heats your water?

Well it will be interesting to see if it is the same quote fleet wide or just varies from ship to ship since I see you are taking the Crown. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. :)

Thanks, I'm really hoping to enjoy this cruise.

I'll let you know if the same quote is in the Crown patters. I'm sure that Princess is making it fleet wide.

Ok after breakfast this morning I will post verbatum what's written in that patter on page 1.

Is someone serious about a bringing a Habatchi? and what exactly do you do? call up room service and say please don't cook my steak, I'll do it myself?:confused:

Tony

No we always stop at the grocery store on the way to the ship and pick up things we'll need on the cruise ;3 or 4 cases of beer, a 5 gallon box of pink Zinfandel, some Twinkies & Ding Dongs and a family pack of hot dogs for the Hibachi.

I just want to make sure I understand what I'm reading. Curling irons are OK if unplugged when not in use (not a problem, I always unplug mine and put away when cool so as to keep cabin tidy).

Now the tricky part uncontrolled theromstat. Is it OK to bring a small coffee maker? I'm talking about a 4 cup B&D that I've been taking the last several years.

Also, if anyone could enlighten me as to the immersible heater, I have no clue what that is, but am very curious.

I want to be safe and follow rules, but I also like my coffee on the balcony. If the rules are no coffee makers, I will use room service. On the other hand, would coffee makers that drip right into a mug without a warming plate be OK? I could purchase one of those.

I know to some people all of this is foolishness, but to those of us passioniate about our coffee, it is quite important.

So far no problems with coffeemakers. The water heater is that submersible gadget that you stick in the mug with water to heat. But I and many others have taken their own coffeemakers on all of our cruises. And yes, you got the curling iron right. Have a great cruise. :)

Is the coffee just as bad from room service? I'll probably be up before the coffee bar opens and need an eye-opener first thing. I'm considering a french press but by time I order room service, get the boiling H2O and steep the darn thing it'll be time for the coffee bar! Any suggestions? Is room service coffee made from the syrup too?

Just back from the IP Oct.21st, We were warned that the Buffet coffee was made from syrup and was like mud. We were also told that the coffee from room service and in the dining room were okay. We found just the opposite. The room service/diningroom coffee had NO flavor and the Buffet coffee was "OK" if you diluted it with just a touch of hot water to taste. BUT we did bring and use our 8 cup thermal (No hot plate) drip pot which turns off right after brewing. Room service brought us fresh creamer, sugar and cups each morning. No questions asked. Barb:)

We sailed Crown Princess in October and brought along an electric pot (with automatic shutoff)along with some Folgers Crystals -- just to have a first cup while waking up. However, I like Dunkin Donuts Coffee and I felt Crown Princess was just as good. Other cruiselines make coffee too strong--like Seattle's Best or Starbucks European style coffee.

What's funny is that our friends on the cruise hated the Crown coffee because they like it strong. Guess you can't please everyone. I'll probably keep packing my pot just in case the coffee is horrible on future cruises. On RCCL, I always order tea and coffee. I don't use the tea bag because I use the tea cup to mix the coffee with a half cup of water.

Personally, what I think they are trying to definitely ban is those immersible things that heat a cup of water for coffee or tea.

My little immersible coil for my coffee press draws so little power that it should not be of any concern. That said, I do not like it when my ship neighbors blow the fuse on the entire cabin area near my cabin, especially when I'm taking a shower with the door closed.

I love this board. I learn so many things. I never realized that folks bring coffee makers on board. But, than I was reading about bringing an inflatible pool onboard and an ice cream maker. No, not the same person. :D

No we always stop at the grocery store on the way to the ship and pick up things we'll need on the cruise ;3 or 4 cases of beer, a 5 gallon box of pink Zinfandel, some Twinkies & Ding Dongs and a family pack of hot dogs for the Hibachi.

WOW!...one big shindig cookout huh?

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Well, I can guarantee you that at least one out of every two cabins that a woman is booked in will have a curling iron. I honestly wonder if that is a misprint as if it were true, the women on this board would have been jumping up and down by now.

I can see it now. The beauty shop is full and it is formal night and hundreds of women going to dinner after swimming all day with their hair sticking out like they were scared to death in their gowns and formal outfits.

Honestly, I have not heard a word about this before on any cruise, or even read a post about it. There is no way they will enforce a rule of no curling irons, trust me.

PRINCESS PATTER 11/2/06 Coral Princess- Stateroom Safety Notice Page 1

(3rd Item listed) "Heated electrical items(such as curling iron) used in your stateroom should not be left plugged in and unattended. When finished with the item, please ensure it is immediately unplugged."

Bill

LIVE FROM THE CORAL PRINCESS

Tony, that's offensive!! I work in the asphalt industry & our sealer taste way better than that ! I found that the purchase of a coffee card & a few discreetly placed cash tips afforded me a large fresh brewed Jamaican at the coffee bar 24/7 with none of those pesky stamp limits. Don't settle for the pot, ask then to brew you up the Blue Mountain Roast. Zoom!!!!! Watch out for the straight cream though, I taught them how to make half & half, couldn't figure out how I gained 2 lbs in 2 days without eating much, til I realized I was sucking down heavy cream!

Yup, the Coffe Card is the WAy to go, 24/7 No Expiration, also good for 15

Specialty Coffees, & Real Coffee forever, or until they change the card, whichever comes first!:D Bill Live from the Coral

Looks like from everyone's advice (which I really appreciate) that I'll go with those "coffee bags" (I think Folger's makes them--like tea bags) to tide me over until the coffee bar opens. I don't have a small portable pot with automatic shut off or one of those nifty stainless steel thermal french press pots (which I'd love to have) and can't justify buying one just for cruising. Cheaper (for now) just to use the coffee bar. Thanks fellow coffee lovers!

Looks like from everyone's advice (which I really appreciate) that I'll go with those "coffee bags" (I think Folger's makes them--like tea bags) to tide me over until the coffee bar opens. I don't have a small portable pot with automatic shut off or one of those nifty stainless steel thermal french press pots (which I'd love to have) and can't justify buying one just for cruising. Cheaper (for now) just to use the coffee bar. Thanks fellow coffee lovers!

I use a 4 cup coffeemaker that I got for 10.00 - I don't know if it has an auto shut off or not since I drink the coffee right away and unplug it. Princess isn't talking about not using coffeemakers, they are talking about the submersible water heaters that you put in your mug to heat the water. There is no way I would want to start my day of having to get dressed and go to the coffeebar - I want my coffee first thing in the morning.

I use a 4 cup coffeemaker that I got for 10.00 - I don't know if it has an auto shut off or not since I drink the coffee right away and unplug it. Princess isn't talking about not using coffeemakers, they are talking about the submersible water heaters that you put in your mug to heat the water. There is no way I would want to start my day of having to get dressed and go to the coffeebar - I want my coffee first thing in the morning.

I totally agree with you. Totally addicted to coffee in this house, both of us. It's the way we start each day.

I totally agree with you. Totally addicted to coffee in this house, both of us. It's the way we start each day.

Add two more addicts from this household. In fact, Milt makes himself a cup of coffee last thing before bedtime. And, if he happens to be restless in the middle of the night, he has coffee at that time too. Regular, not decaf!

Arlene

• 2 weeks later...

Just succumbed and bought a small Toastees brewing pot that makes enough for one good-sized travel mug (which it brews right into). I'll brew it at 6 a.m., take it on deck, and feel the breeze! Can't wait! Thanks everyone for your advice.

Here's a tip, I kill two birds with one stone. I simply boil the water in the morning in our crock pot. Then, use a french press. Then the crock pot is all warmed up for the lobster stew we make from the leftovers of the night before. Simmers all day in the room. . . mmmmmm.

Archived