RC Credit CArd ?

I know that the card offer $1 for $1 purchases and 2x for stuff purchased at royal carribean....my question is this

If I go thru my travel agent to book my cruise my travel agent bills me - How do I get that 2x credit from Royal Carrib. Am I forced to buy my trip thru RC to receive the 2x?

thanks

mark

All RCI payments through our TA have always shown on the statement as an RCI charge and not a TA charge. However, I was on a group cruise a few years ago and we did make payment to the TA, and they in turn paid RCI with an agency check. Just double check with your TA.

I've been on a mission with my RCI VISA, so besides creative spending I have also followed several threads on the topic.

One of the better pieces of advise is to make sure to leave yourself enough time between making your final payment and your cruise to redeem the double points you earned. Look at your statement or go on-line and you can determine when your billing cycle closes. I guess you can also start too early. I can't verify this, but I have read that you can not redeem points more than 6 months prior to your cruise.

Have a Great Cruise, and Happy Spending!! :):):)

My youngest son is off to college in the fall- empty nest at last !!! I recently found out that his college (Rochester Institute of Technology) will accept my RC Visa for payment of tuition. Naturally, I'll use the card, have a 1 month float, and then pay off the balance. You do the math- looks like a free Carib. cruise for my wife and I, just for paying for college! Is this is a great country or what ?

Jim

My youngest son is off to college in the fall- empty nest at last !!! I recently found out that his college (Rochester Institute of Technology) will accept my RC Visa for payment of tuition. Naturally, I'll use the card, have a 1 month float, and then pay off the balance. You do the math- looks like a free Carib. cruise for my wife and I, just for paying for college! Is this is a great country or what ?

Jim

Jim...lucky you - I think! ;) At least you're getting something back from all of that tuition.

We just got a RC Visa a few months ago. We use it for gas, groceries, daily purchases, etc. It's amazing how quickly the points add up. The trick is, of course, you have to pay it off in full every month because the APR is higher than non-rewards cards.

I would love to be able to charge my 2 car payments and my mortgage payment every month and get the points on that. So far, I haven't figured out a way of doing this...has anyone else?

Love the college tuition example....way to go. I may be able to one up you in the "silver lining" category. DW had to have surgery (great news, right ;)....just kidding, she's just fine), well guess what....not only could most of the providing physicians be paid with RCI VISA, but the hospital takes it as well. Cha ching.....$50 off the ol' bar bill right there!

Other than that, all gas charges, department store charges, every trip to the grocery store. I check every bill that comes in. My exterminator....yep, he takes it. All Utilities....paid by phone or on-line w/ RCI VISA. But perhaps my finest moment.....KANSAS CITY CHIEFS SEASON TICKETS....talk about your double bonus!!

Do you really need to have your points redeemed 6 months before you cruise. Anybody know the specifics of redeeming points?
Seaside - My understanding is that you shouldn't redeem them MORE than six months out. Basically you can acquire them on your card forever, but once you get a certificate for cruise credit it is only good for 6 months. This is my understanding, don't know this for sure.

So, my plan for our 1/30/05 AOS cruise is start redeeming points this Fall and submit those coupons to RCI for shipboard credit. Then make my final cruise payment before my December closing date w/ VISA so I will have 6 weeks or so to turn those credits around. Better get my Christmas shopping done early! :D:D

Jim

Even more off topic (LOL), but I went to RIT myself. Graduated in '98. Great school, terrible winters!

:confused: Ok hope this helps,,,,,,You can cash points up two week before you go.I have cashed in 50,000.00 points so far and i leave 39 days.The points you can pull out anytime but there is a time limit on them so don't hold them.

You can also wait till your statement closes and call up that day and get any points you got for that month to help you make your points higher.

They say it will take 8 weeks's i got mine in two weeks every time five times i did this.

You call the 888 number and they give you a fax number and they asked you to fax them cert and also you must send it by snail mail.I check a week later to see if i got credit for what i picked and have never had problem.

So all in all it takes 3-4 week's for the credit to be put on your account.

P.s try RCL stock you get credits for being a shareholder 100 shares min.:rolleyes:

Archived