Vancouver - Victorian Hotel

mrstay

We are going to be in Vancouver for a cruise leaving in Sept. 07. We will be flying in the night before and we (three couples) are looking for hotel for one night. We are not super picky. The main thing is that it is clean and safe. We do not want to pay alot of money, so please do not recommend anything over $100 US a night. We are really only going to be there to sleep and leave the next morning on the cruise. I saw Victorian Hotel. Has anyone ever stayed there? Any comments on it?

Thanks

There a number of hotels close to the airport which should offer rates at or below $100US. They include the Sandman Inn and Accent Inn. Both are in a safe area and offer decent accomodations. You could get a free shuttle from the airport to the hotels and then take a taxi to the pier in the morning. (about 15-20 minutes)

Hi Tammy,

We always try to stay at the Abercorn Inn in Richmond. It is a Best Western Hotel. They let us leave our car there free of charge for a week when we book with them. It is near the airport and there is a hotel shuttle bus that takes you directly to the airport. Their prices are less than a $100 and they have a pub and a decent restaurant on site.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sandy

Guys, you're coming to one of the most beautiful cities in the world, what the hell are you doing staying in Richmond? Stay downtown, get a decent hotel and enjoy all that Vancouver has to offer! The Abercorn is across the street from Costco and under the flight path, not a great place to stay. Please..I beg you... stay downtown.

Cruise Junky is right on target........Vancouver is a great city to visit. My son and his family live in Penticton, BC and we have to travel through Vancouver to get there. We always stay in Vancouver for a few days and get a hotel through Priceline. We were there this past may and stayed at the Westin Bayshore which we got from Priceline for $65. There are a nujmber of first rate hotels right downtown and you don't have to tap your "swiss bank account" to stay there. :p Check out http://www.bidding for travel.com and see what folks are paying for places in Vancouver. Hey, it's a vacation.......enjoy yourself. ;)

I completely agree, Vancouver is a beautiful world class city and it will be especially nice in September.

I have lived in Vancouver and general area since 1969 so have been able to appreciate this wonderful city and watch it grow.

I would never "holiday" at the Abercorn but if folks are getting in late one day and leaving the following morning, I would still opt for convenience and closeness to the airport. I would not want to jeopardize missing connections.

Hopefully, Tammy, you will be able to arrive an extra day early and really see the city!

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise!

Sandy

Tammy, I've also replied to your post over in the "Canada" thread. I will walk by the hotel in a few minutes on my lunch break and check it out for you. I did look at their website and the hotel looks really nice... old, small, but beautifully restored. I'll post a reply in the "Canada" thread in about an hour or so.

Archived