tour saver guide questions

gszenacm

I've been reading the posts, and I'm not sure I understand how this book works...

1. buy the book for $100 online at www.toursaver.com

2. do not detach any of the coupons or they will be void

3. use as many of the offers as possible

4. resell the book to other members for less than $100 to get most of your money back and offer others a reduced fee

Questions:

1. do these expire? I'm going 8/27-9/8/2004

2. if the first person uses coupons, do the merchants mark them so they aren't reused?

3. does anyone have one they need to part with? if so, what offers have already been used? what is the expiration date?

Thanks!

most coupons are good for this entire cruise season, check individually though. You can see the full listing at http://www.toursaver.com.

The vendor will pull the coupon out so if you buy a used book, coupons will be missing.

We will return from our trip on August 18th, if you want to buy ours it is yours. We are using the portage glacier cruise, the princess rail and hotel package to denali and a few other smaller coupons.

What exactly did you want to use and i will let you know if we are using it.

let me know

I also have a book availalbe that I could send to you immediately. What coupons are you looking for. Some of them do expire in September so it is good to check before you get a book.

Mary

We are on a Sept 3 cruise. However, I would like to book the excursions I'm interested in. If you have not used the Four Seasons Whale watching in Juneau & the Southeast Aviation Flightseeing in Ketchikan I'd be interested in buying your book. My email is alan1016@yahoo.com . Thanks.

I have a book available for half the normal price in which I used three coupons out of in May this year. Contact me to make arrangements.

These books are the only way to go in Alaska, where everything is expensive. Most coupons are for buy 1, get 1 free. Some, are even for free items or trips. For cruisers, the book will more than pay for itself if you go on any of the big dollar excursions (fligthseeing, whale watching, etc. ), plan any hotel stays in Anchorage, and/or go on any land tours before/after cruise.

As stated before, the coupons are only good for one time use (because they make sure you turn them in at the time you use them), they expire some time this year (most in September or later depending on the provider's dates of operation). The other thing to note is that you should make advance reservations for the tours, because some of them only let a limited number of coupon users per tour (example: on flightseeing trips, the planes hold a limited number of passengers, so they need some full paying customers in there too).

Paul

In response to Polodad's:

"We are on a Sept 3 cruise. However, I would like to book the excursions I'm interested in. If you have not used the Four Seasons Whale watching in Juneau & the Southeast Aviation Flightseeing in Ketchikan I'd be interested in buying your book."

You're gonna probably need to buy one of the new books for it to still have these coupons in it - these are some of the best ones! I highly recommend both, as we went on them both in May. We got lucky and got to see a baby Humpback breach about 10 times within 25 to 50 feet of the tour boat in Juneau. And the flightseeing of Misty Fjords was absolutely thriling from beginning to end. Both of these outfits are top notch tour operators too.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, due to lack of response, I gave up on the message board and listed my toursaver book on E-Bay this week.

http://search.ebay.com/toursaver_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

I currently am the second listing on this page (until 930 PM PST tonight, Thu 7/29; then I will be the first listing until my auction expires on Saturday, 7/31 at 1030 AM PST).

Many books have been posted on E-bay in the last few weeks, selling for an average of $60 to $80, plus shipping.

Toursaver Book Needed. We are on a 9/3 cruise. Definitely using toursaver for Southeast Aviation Misty Fjords in Ketchikan & considering Four Seasons Whale & Orca in Juneau. If anyone is returning from a trip in sufficient time to get us the book prior to 9/3 and it definitely has Southeast Aviation in it, Four Seasons is negotiable please let me know as we would be interested in purchasing it from you. My email is alan1016@yahoo.com; operators are available to greet you, lol.

Polodad

Are you on the Summit? Checked out the roll call Summit 9/3 thread? How long is the actual whalewatching on 4 seasons? And Southeast misty fjords flt time? Does this tour let you get out on lake island and walk around, or stand on pontoons? It sounds a little shorter than Island Wings or Carlin Air? If they are the same time as the others for actual tour on water or in the air, I may have to rethink our plans. I bought a book here last week and don't plan to use those two, but may change my mind. Too bad I couldn't just give them to you without the book!!

Polodad

Are you on the Summit? Checked out the roll call Summit 9/3 thread? How long is the actual whalewatching on 4 seasons? And Southeast misty fjords flt time? Does this tour let you get out on lake island and walk around, or stand on pontoons? It sounds a little shorter than Island Wings or Carlin Air? If they are the same time as the others for actual tour on water or in the air, I may have to rethink our plans. I bought a book here last week and don't plan to use those two, but may change my mind. Too bad I couldn't just give them to you without the book!!

I have gone with Southeast Aviation- last trip was 9/03, they are similar to the ones I have taken with Carlin Air and Island Wings and do allow you out on land. An excellent tour with most any independent I would guess. :)

I just checked ebay and the prices are now $50+. I'm thinking of buying a brand new book and posting the book on ebay before I leave for AK so I can at least get some $ back.

Smiley,

The problem is that the book mostly expires at the end of August or in Sept as most of the tours only go in cruise season. Not sure who whould buy a book for just Sept? Good luck, though.

We are on the 9/3 Celebrity Mercury from Vancouver. I don't think we are going to do the 4 Seasons tour in Juneau (toursaver book). We have a shore excursion booked thru Celebrity in one of the smaller boats & I hate the smell of salmon cooking. I have not heard anything bad about Southeast Aviation Misty altho it is billed as 90 mins.

Funny story if anyone knows the meaning of the Yiddish word chutzpah. When I called the guy from Southeast in Ketchikan on Thurs? He said things were crazy because they had to cancel trips due to the weather. Some tourist on Thursday was not satisfied with the refund he received for the flight being cancelled but also wanted a REFUND FOR THE PRICE OF THE TOURSAVER BOOK because he ostensibly only purchased it to get a discount on this one excursion. That's chutzpah. Well, I guess even lawyers get to go on vacation.

Archived