Questions with Miami Hotels

montana200024

Where are the best places to stay...ie..airport, south beach...what is closer to the Cruise Port...

Where is the best place where you can walk to restaurants or shops..

I have been looking and looking and when you don't know the area...all is fuzzy ..lol...

Please help this tired old Canadian...lol

Where are the best places to stay...ie..airport, south beach...what is closer to the Cruise Port...

Where is the best place where you can walk to restaurants or shops..

I have been looking and looking and when you don't know the area...all is fuzzy ..lol...

Please help this tired old Canadian...lol

The area that is closest to the port is the downtown/Brickell area. The port is actually located in downtown. The downfall with the downtown area is that there really isn't much to do other than Bayside. As a resident I think Bayside is overrated plus my mom's purse got stolen there one day that we were eating lunch.

If you want places to walk to such as restaurants and shops you are better off staying on South Beach. Here you can walk to any restaurant or shop or take a cab to Lincoln Road mall which is close by.

There is also Coconut Grove which has a fair amount of restaurants and shops to walk too but its not as vast as South beach adn there is no beach in the Grove...the bay is there but there is no accesable beach. There is also the Coral Gables area which has Miracle Mile and lots of restaurants to choose from.

The airport area is not a good place to stay as this area is very industrial and congested mostly on the weekdays and not much to do or even condusive for walking. YOu woudl definately need a car rental if staying in this area.

The area that is closest to the port is the downtown/Brickell area. The port is actually located in downtown. The downfall with the downtown area is that there really isn't much to do other than Bayside. As a resident I think Bayside is overrated plus my mom's purse got stolen there one day that we were eating lunch.

If you want places to walk to such as restaurants and shops you are better off staying on South Beach. Here you can walk to any restaurant or shop or take a cab to Lincoln Road mall which is close by.

There is also Coconut Grove which has a fair amount of restaurants and shops to walk too but its not as vast as South beach adn there is no beach in the Grove...the bay is there but there is no accesable beach. There is also the Coral Gables area which has Miracle Mile and lots of restaurants to choose from.

The airport area is not a good place to stay as this area is very industrial and congested mostly on the weekdays and not much to do or even condusive for walking. YOu woudl definately need a car rental if staying in this area.

Excellent summary!

Archived