Carry On Question

jc4me

I have a stupid question about carry on luggage. Are the demensions quoted with the suitcase laying down? I've never attempted to carry on more than a small bag, but would much prefer this over checking our bags. Another question about self-debarkation....are there elevators working for this? We did this on another cruise line a few years back and I ended up with tendonitis in my shoulder for months :eek: as I drug luggage down 5 flights of stairs. Any information would be appreciated.

Yes, that is laying down or however you can get it through... the length doesn't matter. If it fits at the airport, most likely it will fit at the port. As for debarkation, only a few elevators work that morning and EVERYONE is trying to use them, so don't count on being able to use the elevators if you do self assist... they tell you not to count on elevators and only do self assist if you can manage your luggage up and down stairs.

I have a stupid question about carry on luggage. Are the demensions quoted with the suitcase laying down? I've never attempted to carry on more than a small bag, but would much prefer this over checking our bags. Another question about self-debarkation....are there elevators working for this? We did this on another cruise line a few years back and I ended up with tendonitis in my shoulder for months :eek: as I drug luggage down 5 flights of stairs. Any information would be appreciated.

The carryon needs to fit in the scanner and I believe they show the dimensions as 24 x 16. So measure the bag with the handle edge being the 24 (width) and the 16 (height),

When we have done the self disembarkation the elevators were working but it was a mad house trying to get one. There were a ton of people waiting for them and we ended up carrying our stuff down the stairs. You might want to go down extra early to avoid the congestion.

Sue

I appreciate the info. Just noticed that you are from Raleigh, I live in Greenville, but previously lived in Knightdale.

Do you know what floor you disembark from? That could make a huge difference in our decision. Don't want to end up hurt again, but since we are driving to PC, would love to get on the road as early as possible. We are booked on the Empress deck.

Thanks!

I appreciate the info. Just noticed that you are from Raleigh, I live in Greenville, but previously lived in Knightdale.

Do you know what floor you disembark from? That could make a huge difference in our decision. Don't want to end up hurt again, but since we are driving to PC, would love to get on the road as early as possible. We are booked on the Empress deck.

Thanks!

I have alot of friends in Knightdale, and Greenville actually!! Lovely area!!!!

What ship are you on?

We are on the Elation - November 25th. Plan to start our trek down on Thanksgiving day, spend the night along the way and have most of Friday for Kennedy Space Center before we leave on Saturday.

and have most of Friday for Kennedy Space Center before we leave on Saturday.

Slight hijack of your thread:

Kennedy Space Center - aka Disneyworld for me (have family in Titusville. Depending on your level of interest, it can take the entire day to appreciate all of it. I have gone a few times and always find something I missed previously (We have yet to go to Disneyworld in all our trips to Florida). Last time we were there, the Shuttle was being pulled back inside after missing the launch window. What a site to see close up.

Back to subject, debarkation should be on Empress Deck

It has been years since I have been to Kennedy Space Center and DH has never been...last time I went it was free! We hope to be there by noon on Friday and are spending the night in Cocoa Beach, so that should give us a little time to enjoy. Have been in the area twice when the shuttle was launched, but have never seen it up close and personal. Still seeing it go up is pretty impressive, at least to me.

If the debarkation is from Empress then we should be sitting pretty when it comes time to exit as we are in cabin E86.

Getting more excited all the time!!:D

Archived