Ship baggage tags for cruisetour

pvoris01

we are leaving on 7/26 for a cruisetour on vision of the seas, doing the land portion first. In our document booklet it says to attach your baggage tags before you leave home, but when I called Royal Caribbean to ask the representative said to attach them when you arrive. Can someone who has done this cruisetour already please let me know which is correct?

We were given two sets of baggage tags. One for the land portion and one for the boat. Since our land portion was first, these were put on at the beginning of the trip. One the day when we transferred to the ship, we took off the land tags and put on the ship tags. For the land tour tags, the info said put them on at home, but we waited until we got our luggage in Fairbanks and then added them. It made no difference as we then wheeled our bags over to where the cruise personnel were pulling the bags off for the people who already had the land tags on their bags.

Hope this helps.

You may want to consider only putting your tags on AFTER you claim your luggage after your flight. Tags can and do fall off, but I ALWAYS want to verify all my bags got to my destination. If not, I immediately start to track them down. It is way too late for this if you don't miss them until your tour or cruise.

Budget Queen Said "You may want to consider only putting your tags on AFTER you claim your luggage after your flight. Tags can and do fall off, but I ALWAYS want to verify all my bags got to my destination. If not, I immediately start to track them down. It is way too late for this if you don't miss them until your tour or cruise."

On our cruise tour in May we found all of the luggage going to the Princess Lodge grouped together in a holding area at Fairbanks, not in baggage claim. We were given numbered stickers to put on the Princess tags (1 of 4, 2 of 4, etc.). This was to verify that all of our luggage was there and to assist the handlers in keeping each couples luggage together. Thus if you do not put your tags on before leaving home your luggage may not be with the rest of the tour group and may throw you behind.

Hope this helps,

Russ

Archived