Bed bugs on Jewel??

Dorie7

Would anyone know if there are still bed bugs on Jewel of the Seas? Also, do you know which rooms were infested when they were aboard?

Thanks for any information. I have been reading about this and I have decided that if I get through this cruise on RCI that I won't be risking another until I hear that they are taking steps to control this problem.

I have a very real phobia of insects/bugs. Plus a tendency to react when bitten. This could be a problem.

A holiday with bed bugs wold be a nightmare to me. It is not like a land vacation where you could move to another hotel. If the ship is full you are stuck with them!!!!:eek:

Scared,

Dorie

Would anyone know if there are still bed bugs on Jewel of the Seas? Also, do you know which rooms were infested when they were aboard?

Thanks for any information. I have been reading about this and I have decided that if I get through this cruise on RCI that I won't be risking another until I hear that they are taking steps to control this problem.

I have a very real phobia of insects/bugs. Plus a tendency to react when bitten. This could be a problem.

A holiday with bed bugs wold be a nightmare to me. It is not like a land vacation where you could move to another hotel. If the ship is full you are stuck with them!!!!:eek:

Scared,

Dorie

I would assume that if there were bedbugs on the Jewel, it would be all over this website. Page 1, at the top.

I have not seen a thing on here lately about any ship having bedbugs.

Don't worry and enjoy your cruise. ;)

It was a one-time incident on the Jewel, and in only one room. They were thought to be brought on by the previous guests in that room. And, it's been about a year now since the incident.

Sorry, I don't remember the room number.

We are currently onboard. No bedbugs in our room and no reports of them elsewhere. There are no guarantees that a future guest won't bring them onboard, but there is no sense worrying about something that is as likely to happen anywhere (hotels, ships, homes etc.)> If something like that were to occur, the ship's staff are well equipped to handle it.

Archived