Documents Came-Wrong Addresses!

ISEA

My family (DW, DD13, DD9) and I are going on the Dawn during the December 17th Christmas cruise. In addition to us my Mother and Brother In-Law are going as well and each have separate cabins.

Today my wife received her documents but mine and my daughters weren't sent yet or so we thought. It turns out that NCL sent my two daughters and mine to my mother in-laws address because it had her address on it . Additionally my brother in law received his today with the correct address (he's temporarily staying at my mother in laws) but my mother in law did not receive hers.

I booked directly through NCL for all involved and gave all the correct addresses. I also pre-registered everyone (correctly) and printed the forms out.

Here's where it gets bizzare. I went to check everyone's on-line registration information and found that some of the addresses were changed to my mother in laws home address and some changed to my home address.:eek:

• My DD9 and mine had my mother in laws address which somehow got changed but not by any of us.
  • My DD13 had the correct address on the on line registration but my mother in laws address on her documents.
  • My brother in laws on line address was changed to my address but had the right address on his documents and delivered to his address.
  • My mother in law had her address changed to our address on the on line registration and is still waiting for her documents.
  • My wifes address is correct on line and on her documents.:)

Confusing isn't it?;)

I don't have a clue as to how this possibly could have happened. I did print out all the registrations at the time I did them and they were all done correctly. :confused:

I called NCL and the agent couldn't explain how this possibly could have happened. He did see that we were all referenced together when I made the reservations so he surmised the wrong document addresses may have been caused by human error when they went to process them. However, that doesn't explain how some of our addresses were mysteriously changed on the on-line registration to another address. I said to him this may be a glitch in their new system. I asked if we would have a problem when it comes time to check in and he said we will not as they go by the name and the picture ID and not the addresses on the documents. I hope that is true. I'm thinking of calling NCL again and asking someone a little higher up to make sure. Hopefully this doesn't happen to others but I'm not confident it wouldn't.

Has this happened to anyone else?:eek:

Has this happened to anyone else?:eek:

Yes, it has happened to me on every single cruise I have taken with NCL for the past couple years. Not to worry. The addresses don't matter. As long as your names are accurate and you've got the proper id's (passports or birth certificates w/ driver's licenses), you'll be fine. It's good that you printed out your pre-registered forms. This problem is systemic to NCL's online pre-registration programming. The last address that you plugged into their system when you pre-registered routinely replaces all the others that are linked in your booking. This is a problem that has existed for quite some time. Again, don't worry about it. When you check-in at embarkation, take along your printed pre-registration forms. They might come in handy, but chances are you won't even need them.

Yes, it did happen to me just last month (a September 2006 sailing).

All tickets were to come to my address since there were 4 of us at all different addresses.

That did not happen and I kept calling NCL as I panicked.

All tickets did finally arrive..some at my address and some not.

As long as you all have your tickets for boarding, all will be fine.

Be sure to have your printed registration with you..we did not need them but we always bring them "just in case".

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Yes, it did happen to me just last month (a September 2006 sailing).

All tickets were to come to my address since there were 4 of us at all different addresses.

That did not happen and I kept calling NCL as I panicked.

All tickets did finally arrive..some at my address and some not.

As long as you all have your tickets for boarding, all will be fine.

Be sure to have your printed registration with you..we did not need them but we always bring them "just in case".

Have a wonderful cruise:)

I just read another one of your post that said you've never had a problem with NCL? This seems like it would qualify as a problem.:confused:

Bill

I just read another one of your post that said you've never had a problem with NCL? This seems like it would qualify as a problem.:confused:

Bill

Nice of you to point that out Bill. Maybe Cosmo takes things more in stride than others and doesn't obsess over these things?

Anyway...to the OP...You shouldn't waste your time on the phone with NCL. Your address has nothing to do with boarding the ship. I once got cruise e docs sent to me three months after I moved with my old address. I didn't even bother calling RCCL because I don't have to verify my address when I check in. It's a glitch in the system; something about passengers in the same room but have different addresses and everyone gets assigned the same address or something like that. Either way...don't bother calling. There's nothing to worry about. :D It's not even a problem if it does happen to other people. The address is just a place to send your tickets and send marketing materials to you after you get home. A homeless person could cruise. ;)

Nice of you to point that out Bill. Maybe Cosmo takes things more in stride than others and doesn't obsess over these things?

Anyway...to the OP...You shouldn't waste your time on the phone with NCL. Your address has nothing to do with boarding the ship. I once got cruise e docs sent to me three months after I moved with my old address. I didn't even bother calling RCCL because I don't have to verify my address when I check in. It's a glitch in the system; something about passengers in the same room but have different addresses and everyone gets assigned the same address or something like that. Either way...don't bother calling. There's nothing to worry about. :D It's not even a problem if it does happen to other people. The address is just a place to send your tickets and send marketing materials to you after you get home. A homeless person could cruise. ;)

Maybe Cosmo took it in stride after the fact. To say you were panicked and kept calling NCL doesn't sound like it was taken in stride at the time.

You know Cosmo I don't. Just my interpretation from reading the post.

Bill

Bill

It wasn't a problem (though I thought it was, at the time) as when I called NCL customer service (and I was in a panic)...they checked the mailings and explained what happened. And how the boarding passes would arrive.

What they said had happened..did exactly happen..on the dates that they told me it happened. It turned out that the last ticket arrived at a home that the person was out of town on vacation.

The last ticket was in their "held mail" (at the post office) while they were on vacation:)

Though the tickets should have been mailed to my address...the tickets were mailed out on the same date, just to a person who was "out of town" at the time.

Bottom line...NCL gave me the info., where and when the tickets were sent out..and they were right.

The person did receive the ticket in the mail:) Though I did not know it as they were on vacation.

Perhaps we all perceive problems differently.

If I receive a reasonable explanation for a mistake/misunderstanding...I accept it..I'm not out to chop off a head...

We are all human and do make mistakes...

the point is...NCL did give me the information that I needed and, yes, they did make a mistake but they were able to track it and give me the information that I needed.

Yes, it has happened to me on every single cruise I have taken with NCL for the past couple years. Not to worry. The addresses don't matter.

It has happened to me. It is all in how you make the bookings. Linked or not linked. I was cruising with my son who lives in FL. They linked us as one booking. I would do my online registration print and it was correct, he went updated his address, mine changed. Last one in on the linked bookings creates the address that docs will be shipped to.

The fact I check things forty times before I cruise I was able to call and have the bookings unlinked. Before that since both of us have the same first name I tried many things to fix it myself even changed me to Dr. and him Mr. ( I have been Dr. on every NCL cruise since then - not one but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once)

What appears as a problem in this case I assume was put in place to make things easier. Family of 4, change in address, you only need to update one record.

My guess in this case the kids are staying with grandma.;) Thus the linkage to her address and she was registered after the OP printed the kids forms.

Thanks to everyone who replied and assured me this is "normal" and that I shouldn't have any problems.:)

This was the first time I booked directly with any cruise line and I thought I was going to have a nightmare trying to straighten this out. I didn't know that this has been an issue many times before. Which begs the question; why doesn't NCL have their IT dept. correct this problem?

It wasn't a problem (though I thought it was, at the time) as when I called NCL customer service (and I was in a panic)...they checked the mailings and explained what happened. And how the boarding passes would arrive.

What they said had happened..did exactly happen..on the dates that they told me it happened. It turned out that the last ticket arrived at a home that the person was out of town on vacation.

The last ticket was in their "held mail" (at the post office) while they were on vacation:)

Though the tickets should have been mailed to my address...the tickets were mailed out on the same date, just to a person who was "out of town" at the time.

Bottom line...NCL gave me the info., where and when the tickets were sent out..and they were right.

The person did receive the ticket in the mail:) Though I did not know it as they were on vacation.

Perhaps we all perceive problems differently.

If I receive a reasonable explanation for a mistake/misunderstanding...I accept it..I'm not out to chop off a head...

We are all human and do make mistakes...

the point is...NCL did give me the information that I needed and, yes, they did make a mistake but they were able to track it and give me the information that I needed.

Cosmo,

Thank you for taking the time to explain. I appreciate it.:)

I myself would have also been in panic mode and called repeatedly. I like to have all my ducks in a row down to the last detail.

Bill

Thanks to everyone who replied and assured me this is "normal" and that I shouldn't have any problems.:)

This was the first time I booked directly with any cruise line and I thought I was going to have a nightmare trying to straighten this out. I didn't know that this has been an issue many times before. Which begs the question; why doesn't NCL have their IT dept. correct this problem?

Because in most cases it is not a problem but a convience. Far easier to up one record for a family then all. It all comes down to how you make the booking. I would think most TA's know in a case like this not to link the bookings.

I assume (always dangerous) that when you booked the cruises for everyone you gave them the names of everyone in each cabin. The deflaut as I learned is to link the passengers in any cabin. I am booked again with my son on the Pearl. When I made the reservation I told the agent not to link the booking. No problem this time with address changes.

Archived