Looking for cruise in March 07

Luvcrusin

Need some good recommendations for a cruise in March 07. DH, DD and I will be making the trip and have a total of 8 days available. Really want to stay away from tendering if possible. Also want to get the best deal for my $$. Thanks:rolleyes:

Well best deal and the beginning of spring break don't quite go together, but if you start looking now you whould be ok. As for no tendering, I would suggest you consentrate on the eastern or Southern Caribbean; the western is where you run into lots of tendering. I didn't notice where you live, you may want to look into the Mexican Riv out of LA. I would warn you, the first few days the weather would not be as nice as cruising the Caribbean. If you are looking for a real bang for the buck you may want to check the prices on NCLs Dream out of Houston. The ship is older, gets mixed reviews but usually has great prices. Those who like her, absolutely love her and keep going back, those who don't have very little positive to say. Just some ideas, hope this helps a little. Another possibility would be a 5 day cruise out of Miami to say, Key West and somethere else. Again, just a thought.

NMnita

Do some checking around! As Nita stated, you will be much better off with a cruise to the eastern or southern Car. if you want to avoid tendering. I see some really fantastic pricing at some of the online search engines for March cruises; Royal Caribbean, Princess, Costa and Carnival, all have some really good offerings available. There are also some really good discounts available for seniors, past guests and military on some of those cruises. Good luck!

We took Star Princess Western 2 years ago. We loved it so much that we have booked the same cruise March 10-17. It is only $543pp for an inside on a reputable online travel agency. (PM me for the name).

There is only one tendered port--Gr. Cayman. You also have Cozumel, Ocho Rios & Princess Cays.

Geat time, great price! Join us!

Kris

We took Star Princess Western 2 years ago. We loved it so much that we have booked the same cruise March 10-17. It is only $543pp for an inside on a reputable online travel agency. (PM me for the name).

There is only one tendered port--Gr. Cayman. You also have Cozumel, Ocho Rios & Princess Cays.

Geat time, great price! Join us!

Kris

Wow, they now have a docking facility at Princess Cays? That's wonderful to hear!

Hi, We went the Western route last June and the only place we docked was Jamaica. Some of the smaller ships were able to dock at Cozumel. The docks may have been repaired since we were there. We are going the Eastern route this time and we do not have to tender at any ports.

How about one of the 8 night Eastern Caribbean cruises on RCCL's Radiance of the Seas or Jewel of the Seas out of FLL? 5 ports, none of them tender ports, and you get an extra day on the ship over the 7 night cruises.

Carnival also has some 8 night cruises on the Liberty and I believe the Legend which would be great for families as well.

Need some good recommendations for a cruise in March 07. DH, DD and I will be making the trip and have a total of 8 days available. Really want to stay away from tendering if possible. Also want to get the best deal for my $$. Thanks:rolleyes:

Aren't we all :) RCI has 8 nighters running out of FLL-Eastern Caribbean. The ships are Radiance class...Radiance and Jewel. These two ships alternate 6 night Western Caribbean sailings, however there might be a tender or two involved.

Wow, they now have a docking facility at Princess Cays? That's wonderful to hear!

Why one shouldn't assume....

I figured that since DCL didn't tender at their PI, all lines didn't!

We couldn't go to PC 2 years ago due to hurricane damage:(

SOOO 50/50 on that March cruise...Cozumel & Ocho Rios no tender;

Gr. Cayman & P. Cays tender (though heard it was quick, easy & SO worth it...if anything like DCL's PI, I understand!!!)

Happy cruising!

Kris

Best deal may not be the lowest cruise price. You also need to look at getting to and from the port. Being on the east coast, if you can drive to a port (NY or FL for instance) it cuts a lot of cost out of the vacation.

With only 8 days, I am assuming you are thinking about a 7 day. I agree with the posters above, if trying to avoid tendering go Southern or Eastern Caribbean. Bermuda is another consideration but consider the spring break factor is that is when you would be there in Mar.

Hi, We went the Western route last June and the only place we docked was Jamaica. Some of the smaller ships were able to dock at Cozumel. The docks may have been repaired since we were there. We are going the Eastern route this time and we do not have to tender at any ports.

Alabama Gal, Great to hear from another Alabamaian, we live in B'ham hope all is going well with you and your family. Enjoy your upcoming cruises, and KEEP GETTING OUT THERE!!!!!!!!! Ozzie63:D :D :D

Archived