Can you buy beach towels onboard?

Avril

I was just wondering, can you buy those towels that Carnival provides in your cabin to use on the ship and to take ashore and take them home with you? If I remember correctly, they are big, blue, and have "The Fun Ships of Carnival" written on them. I would like one and I told my aunt that I'd bring her home one from my next cruise in December. Is it possible? I want to take them home without being accused of stealing them!!!! :D

They are the coolest towels I've ever seen!!:D

Yes you can! I think the price is $20 each. You can also purchase bathrobes or a complete Carnival bed (not the one in your cabin of course). Hey, the cruise lines are getting very innovative about new ways to make a buck!

Yes. You can tell your cabin steward you'd like to purchase one (or however many). He will bring you a brand new one still in packaging for $22, which he will charge to your Sail & Sign account. I don't think that's a bad price at all.:)

You can purchase them, but they're insanely expensive.

How expensive? And how would you do this? In the gift shop I imagine. I've been on 2 previous Carnival cruises, I just never saw or heard anything about being able to buy the towels.

The cabin steward puts a little note card in your cabin that explains that the towels are for your use when going ashore, but if you do not return them, they will charge you. Then it says if you wish to purchase a towel, tell the steward and he will provide them which will be charged to your S&S account. Yes, it is $20 or $22. I wouldn't personally buy one because I have tons of towels and don't really need them, but I think they are nice keepsakes and worth the $ to anyone who wants one.

Oh, no, I like the look of that one MUCH BETTER. I don't know what kind of "quality" it is, but the towels you purchase on the ship are blue. They have kind of a "thready design" and on the bottom they just have Carnival. Since you can buy these on line, go on your cruise and see what they offer. If you like the ones they have online better, purchase when you get home :mad: How did you get the website up? Carnival has new mattresses, duvets and pillows you can purchase and they advertise ad nauseum on the ship...but...I was thinking as I was sinking into my K-Mart pillow :( :eek: I might splurge and purchase the pillows as Xmas gift to my DH (and myself :D ) but couldn't find them.

I did that, but they are all things you order to be delivered to the ship. No pillows, etc! Can't figure it out because they were kind of "pushing everything you could buy. Guess I should have brought the info home with me. Thanks anway. Guess I just saved myself some big $ :D We are booked on Spirit in January, so I'll just have to wait I guess! If I'm feeling adventurous, maybe I'll post the question and someone who just got off a Carnival ship will know where to go.

The big blue towel can be ordered with the cabin steward or visit Formalities.

I would not pay 22.00 for the towel left in the cabin. FOr 22.00 I want a new one.

Leave the cabin steward a note and it will be there when he is turning the cabin down for the night.

Serene, YES, they do give you a "brand new one" hot off the presses lol. They charge you for the towel you have in your cabin only if you fail to return it after taking it ashore. I like that white one a lot better than the blue one. Maybe Carnival is changing the design of the towels??? I might buy that if they offer it when we go in Jan. on Spirit.

all the lines have them in their shops. Princess actually had towels with their logo at a reasonable price ($25)-but Princess does not provides those for the excursions-but a generatic blue and white striped one.

I liked that-because no jerk would steal those for a "souvenior" and then I would be expected to cough up money for it-like on Carnival! We always bring our own beach towels from home when we cruise Carnival for excursions-a life's lesson-unfortunately!

That's right-forgot about the gift shops! I don't like to take my own towels because who wants a wet, sandy towel in your cabin/suitcase and to take on the next shore trip. Just my own opinion. You could always go to the pool and take one of the "generic pool towels" on your excursion. If it was lost or stolen, noone would be the wiser.

Archived