Where is Bonine available onboard?

clueless2

My wife and I leave in the morning for our first cruise (Zuiderdam). While packing the meds we discovered we can't find the supply of Bonine we purchased a couple of weeks ago:eek:. The local drugstore in our small community is out and I don't want to drive 15 miles to get some more.

We'll try to find some in the airport tomorrow. If not I'm pretty sure I have read it is available somewhere on board (other than the physician).

I've searched but can't find the thread.

Can anyone tell me where it is available?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if you hae ever tried the Ginger Tablets you can get at a Health Food store but that is what I've used the last two cruises and knock on wood haven't gotten seasick. We were traveling with Hurricane Paul on this last cruise so I was kind of afraid I would get seasick. 10-12 ft. waves !!! But I took a ginger in the morning with breakfast and one at dinner and never felt sick at all.

The stuff they have at the purser's office is usually not marked "Bonine" but rest assured, it is the same stuff.

It is called meclizine and is available from the front office. Bonine is meclizine.

Have a great cruise.

If you don't like to take pills each fruit bowl in your cabin has a green apple or

you can ask your steward for some. Every night after dinner they pass out mints and ginger as an after dinner treat on the way out of the dining room.

If you believe in them the tight wrist bands or magnetic bracelets or copper

bracelets may work. The important thing about the Meclizine is to take it before you feel sick, so if you are in open sea and the forecast is bad definitely take them but limit alcoholic beverages.

Happy Sailing

Stan:cool::cool:

If you are determined to buy Bonine, you can get it in the sundries shop onboard. This is the same shop where you buy the duty free smokes and liquor. They sell a supply of various over-the-counter medications there, including Bonine.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived