Is Real Maple Syrup Available?

toonjie

Anyone know if real maple syrup is served (or available) in either the main dining room or the Windjammer? A lot of people (even in the restaurant industry) don't know the difference. Fake syrup-made from high fructose corn syrup-is often used because it is much more affordable, but tastes much different. Any information would be great! Thanks!

I'm a Vermont girl, along with being connected to the culinary industry. I can assure you that it's fake maple syrup. The real stuff doesn't have the shelf life needed to pass muster on a ship. Besides, the industry cuts corners wherever it can and syrup, since about 90% of people using maple syrup are using the fake stuff, is one area where they don't have to worry about complaints.

If you need some, go to your local Cost Plus, if possible, and get a small bottle of it.

Charlie

All I can say is if you are eating anything that may use syrup don't do it in the Windjammer. Those waffles and pancakes are like belly bombs. Usually cold and blah. Go to the diningroom and maybe you'd have better luck. Again stay away from frenchtoast, waffles and pancakes in Windjammer. JMO

This is likely to replace the all too common alcohol threads with...

How to sneak on real maple syrup!!! :D

Thanks for the info, yes, time to sneak some in the luggage! My fiance is from Vermont and can't stand the fake stuff!

Buy it in the tin can. Put it in bubble wrap. Place in your checked luggage. When caught with it tell them it is very speical candy from Vermont (or if you buy the Canadian one, from Canada). Pay the tin fee (they will figure out a charge don't worry.:) :D

This is likely to replace the all too common alcohol threads with...

How to sneak on real maple syrup!!! :D

I called customer service and they told me the following:

"You can take real maple syrup onboard but if it is found in your carry-on luggage it will be confiscated and returned to you the last night of the cruise. If you do manage to smuggle it onboard there will be a $25.00 corkage fee in the diningroom and the Windjammer...otherwise you will have to use it with your room service breakfast in you cabin. You will be provided with a "gourmet syrup list" that you can order from...5 syrups for $50.00...you can pick up in the dining room only. They will not deliver to the cabin. Thank you and have a nice day.":D:D:D

Being a Vermonter, I can say the syrup on the ship is not real. I actually just bought my little plastic container of syrup yesterday to bring with us in December. I don't know if they sell it near you or not, but here we can buy it in little plastic jugs and it's the perfect size for a seven night cruise.

"You can take real maple syrup onboard but if it is found in your carry-on luggage it will be confiscated and returned to you the last night of the cruise. If you do manage to smuggle it onboard there will be a $25.00 corkage fee in the diningroom and the Windjammer...otherwise you will have to use it with your room service breakfast in you cabin. You will be provided with a "gourmet syrup list" that you can order from...5 syrups for $50.00...you can pick up in the dining room only. They will not deliver to the cabin. Thank you and have a nice day.":D:D:D

LOL

I think I will hide mine in the shampoo bottle!

LOL

I think I will hide mine in the shampoo bottle!

Heck, no. Hide it in your Captain Morgan's bottle! ;);)

Archived