How much more would you pay ?

annebill

To attract the mass cruising market and be competetive the cruise lines have to economize (cut some amenities) to keep fares as low as possible. I'm wondering how much more you HAL cruisers from the "good old days"--say the 80s and early 90s--would be willing to pay (percentage-wise) for a cruise in order to enjoy the same high level we got so used to back then ?

This has been discussed before, but I would like to see one truly "premium" HAL ship on each itinerary for a season just to see if there would be enough interest to justify such a thing. You know--fancier food, better service and better entertainment, which accounts for most of the present mounting complaints. But how much more would you pay for it ? I don't mean 7 star premium with all wine and liquor included--just the guarantee of what we had in the old days.

Personally.....to have the product we enjoyed when we first started cruising. To have those menus, the trays of vegetables passed each evening; the trays of French pastries; to have that crew to pax ratio back etc etc

I would be willing to pay in the range of 15% more. It might mean we would cruise less often (?) but we would sure love to have that experience again.

Archived