A Pleasant Day Aboard Noordam

dougnewmanatsea

p.s. If your cruise include an Indonesian Crew Show, DON'T MISS IT. It was the best show I've seen on board. Presty will tell you all about it.

I think they alternate between the Indonesian and Filipino Crew Shows. Longer Cruises may have both.

I've never seen the Filipino one but the Indonesian Crew Show is always great. What's amazing is that all the performers do all their rehearsing etc. on their own time (for free), and as they all have "real jobs" they have very, very little of that to begin with!

Wonderful stuff.

I think they alternate between the Indonesian and Filipino Crew Shows. Longer Cruises may have both.

I've never seen the Filipino one but the Indonesian Crew Show is always great. What's amazing is that all the performers do all their rehearsing etc. on their own time (for free), and as they all have "real jobs" they have very, very little of that to begin with!

Wonderful stuff.

They're both great shows!! The Filipino show has a bamboo dance called the Tinikling dance. Two guys are "clapping" two bamboo sticks together while another guy and a girl dance/hop in between the sticks. If they mis-time their steps/hops, we're talking a world of hurt to their ankles!:eek:

Another dance, and a real funny one they do, is called the Magtatanim or "rice planting" dance which has a group of "well endowed" guys dressed up as girls who keep losing their "well endowedness" (oranges) while they dance:D

The farewell number "Ang Bayan Ko" (My country) can get pretty emotional for the performers since it describes the bloodless revolution of 1986!

It's like Doug says; the performers in both the Indonesian and Filipino shows are all crew members who rehearse when most of us are asleep. Gotta give them a lot of credit!!

Hi Laura - So good to see you posting again! Missed you. hug.gif

Is that anyone we know sitting at the Martini Bar?

Hi susan! We've just been super busy - haven't had much time to do anything outside work/kid stuff.... we took the photo leaving the Pinnacle, we've known the bartender for ages and he was waving at me! I sure do miss that ship...

Archived